Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2004, 07:35 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.
Default $$$ Don\'t Forget to Pay Kerry Today $$$$$$$

John Kerry and his tax and spend Democrats are anxiously awaiting your tax payments today. They hope to spend it all, and then a lot more still (and not on important things like national security).

Go ahead, make an extra monetary donation to the US government, I am sure Kerry will appreciate it.

W
(your tax cutting friend)

Old 04-15-2004, 10:23 AM

Default Re: $$$ Don\'t Forget to Pay Kerry Today $$$$$$$

Read my Lips "NO NEW TAXES"

Old 04-15-2004, 10:35 AM

I'd rather have a tax and spend liberal then a dumbass who wipes out our surplus while giving massive tax breaks to his corporate buddies -

that nice tax cut you put thru last time - the one for the middle class? - the bottom 60 percent only got 14 percent of that tax cut - most went back to the top.

nice move dickwad.

RB
Old 04-15-2004, 12:55 PM

Please tell us why you've expanded the alternative minimum tax, which in coming years, will penalize middle- and upper-middle-class taxpayers.

Please tell us why the social security system has taken in $1,700,000,000,000 more than it has paid out in the last twenty years.

Please tell us why the least well-off 20% of American taxpayers pay 18% of their income in total taxes and the most well-off pay 19% in a supposedly progressive tax system.

Please tell us why Afghanistan is a mess now and we here nothing about it from you ever.

Please tell us why you are unconcerned that the working poor must pay social security and medicaire taxes on the first dollar of their income, thus assuring that they never have enough money to save and/or invest.

Please tell us why all of the commercials I see on TV that you say you have approved say absolutely nothing about your policies, but are simply attack ads aimed at your opponent.

And please tell us if you still feel that the mission has indeed been accomplished in Iraq, as you told us it was so many months ago.

Or don't bother. There's a good chance we'll get to read your book pretty soon.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:58 PM

I like the ad that talks about Kerry wanting a $.50/gal tax on gasoline. If true, it's a good reason to vote for Kerry.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:33 PM

Again, explain why Bush's plan which involves "don't tax and spend" policies is better than "tax and spend."

The idiot this idiot is impersonating poorly (come on initially you weren't bad mispelling words to satirize his mispronunciations and such, but now it's just lame) is like a college student that can't handle spending and maxes out several credit cards because he is spending money he doesn't have. What Bush and the college student don't realise is that down the road there will be a heavy price paid.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:01 PM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

[ QUOTE ]
Again, explain why Bush's plan which involves "don't tax and spend" policies is better than "tax and spend."

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why it is hard to understand that some increased spending is going to happen whichever party is in office (especially when faced with a national security threat). But can you seriously expect the Democrats to spend less on social programs?

Not a Chance!

And when the Democrats get back in, they will raise taxes and spend ever extra cent.

If the GOP hadn't taken control of Congress in 1995, we would never have had a balanced budget - Clinton and the Democratic Congress was spending like crazy in 1993-1994.

W

Old 04-15-2004, 03:08 PM

Is this a 50 cent increase of the Fed gas tax paid at the pump, or just an increase to a total of 50 cents (per gallon)?

I agree, the Fed gas tax is too low in this country and needs to be increased. The last increase was under Reagan, I think.

-Zeno
Old 04-15-2004, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a 50 cent increase of the Fed gas tax paid at the pump, or just an increase to a total of 50 cents (per gallon)?

I agree, the Fed gas tax is too low in this country and needs to be increased. The last increase was under Reagan, I think.

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bush ad would have us believe that Kerry supports an additional $.50/gal tax at the pump. I certainly hope so, its a great idea.

Edit: here is a link to the Bush site which talks about the tax in a humorous way.

http://www.georgewbush.com/calculator/
Old 04-15-2004, 04:49 PM

Default complete BS

they took the fact that Kerry didn't vote on a 50 cent proposal (he neither co-sponsored or voted on the bill for or against) and made that the focus of the ad

another BS lie from the guys that brought you mass weapons of destruction in Iraq

an interesting point...Cheney and his buddies have been campaigning for higher fuel prices anyways...this helps out George W's oil buddies rake in more money -

http://blog.johnkerry.com/dbunker/archives/001502.html

RB