Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2002, 07:02 PM

Default Flopped SF and 2 Quads in The Same Session

Quite an unbelievable 5-10 at TAJ last night where I had a flopped straight flush and 2 quads in the same half hour! The irony of it is that I beat the same guy in all 3 hands and he raised me in 2 of them!

Hand 1

Three limpers to me at MP2 with 9s8s. I called, button called, SB folded. Five handed.

Flopped T J 7 all spades!! I had to look at my cards twice just to be sure.

UTG bets, call, call, I called, button folded.

Turn - a brick. UTG bets, UTG+1 raised! Next player folded, I paused for a few seconds (an act) and called. UTG called.

River - 3 spades. UTG bets, UTG+1 raised. I re-raised, UTG folded, UTG+1 made it 3 bets! Too bad I cannot raise anymore because it was not heads up on the river and I called. Showed my flopped SF, UTG+1 showed his A of spades.

Hand 2

Raised UTG with black JJ. MP1, button (UTG+1 above) cold call, both blinds folded.

Flopped A T J rainbow. I bet, both called.

Turn another red J! I checked, MP1 bets, button raised!!! I called.

River - blank. I checked, MP1 checked, button bet, I raised, MP1 folded, button re-raised again!

I 3-bet and he meekly called. I showed my quad, button mucked face up with AK.

Hand 3

Dealt 2h2d in SB. 6 limpers, CO and button folded, I complete.

Flop 2 Q T. with 2 clubs. I led out BB and 2 early limpers folded. MP2 and MP3 called.

Turn x -can't remember what it was. I bet, both called.

River 2s. I bet, MP2 folded, MP3 called (same guy above). I showed my quads, he mucked quietly and picked up his remaining chips.

This was a real unbelievable half-hour that more than made up for the night I had 9 bad beats. Lightning strikes not only twice! It's unfortunate that it's the same guy that got toasted. I hope I do not lose him in the future because he is a regular!

Didn't mean to gloat but it sure was a memorable session. I even tossed a red chip to the dealer as she was leaving.
Old 05-06-2002, 11:56 PM

Default post this in internet forum and watch the theories

thats a helluva run...very nice...

im sure the internet forum guys would say you conspired in some way...haha

nice session..

b
Old 05-07-2002, 07:58 AM

Default Re: post this in internet forum and watch the theo

The dealer is my "private mechanic" :>) But she works only on Bimmers. Can't have her work for you if only have a Toyota. LOL.