Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2004, 02:50 PM

Default What have we come to?

Ashley Madison
Old 04-07-2004, 02:59 PM

Default Re: What have we come to?

If there's a market for it then why not. Don't blame the providers, blame the users who make it possible for the providers to exist in the first place.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:31 PM

I don't know why you're so shocked. Polyandry has always been a common practice among humans.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:54 PM

What do you mean 'come too’? This is nothing new or surprising. Consult any number of anthropology texts and you will find this common to many cultures, tribes, individuals, groups the world over throughout recorded history.

This is good. This is wise. This is human.

Thanks for pointing out the website. I'm signing up.

-Zeno
Old 04-07-2004, 05:44 PM

I think it's disgraceful and a grave breach of trust that any married person cheat on their spouse. If they feel that way they shouldn't be married IMO.

Yes it's common throughout history, as you point out, but my own view is: if I never find a woman to really fall in love with who also really falls in love with me, then I'll just never get married, that's all. IMO a few things in life are too precious or sacred to be treated casually and love is one of those few things.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:30 AM

Default Male Harems

Someone else already wrote that in this thread : Polyandry is more natural than polygyny. Think about it.

Number of orgasms. Number of possible sexual partners that can be simultaneously satisfied. Duration of sexual act. Etcetera, depressing etcetera.

Throughout History, of course, it worked the other way around, with men having more than one woman, whether officially or unofficially. This happened because of the social order, which in turn is due to man's extrenal physical strength (muscles etc) and his hunter aggression. Otherwise? We would be no more useful than male bees are to the queen bees.

I am not advocating anything, mind you. I am just pointing out that the free market is simply catching up to the (more) natural order of things. Thanks for the link.