Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2004, 08:20 PM

Default 2+2 EURO SNG Results

Anybody have the full results? I don't, but I'd sure like to calculate the leaderboard.

Regards
Brad S
Old 04-06-2004, 08:38 PM

Default Re: 2+2 EURO SNG Results

I was just about to post this since nobody else did:

Tournament started - 2004/04/06 - 16:04:17 (ET)
Tournament finished - 2004/04/06 - 18:02:28 (ET)
1: Profit (Madison), $72.00 (40%)
2: HelmetSky (Ramat-Gan), $54.00 (30%)
3: Bottz44 (Naugatuck), $36.00 (20%)
4: billum (manchester), $18.00 (10%)
5: J. Peterman (centerville),
6: 2L8-4U (Marysville),
7: Tosh27o (Colchester),
8: RedHeadedIan (Pennsauken),
9: DrPhysic (San Antonio),
10: t_perkin 2+2 (Akureyri),
11: heyrocker (Chicago),
12: Ruddiger (Sammamish),
13: MUTE2.0 (LAKELAND),
14: morpheu8 (galway),
15: ZADABEAR (TUCSON),
16: debaser (Buckingham),
17: ByronKincaid (Carshalton),
18: kgonzo (austin),

Damn that's a long one. I didn't stay for the end, congrats to HelmetSky for coming first of the 2+2'ers yet again. In discussion we discovered that Profit has also visited the site but did not purposely join the SNG. There was a low turnout, I believe only 8 2+2'ers.

I am saddened by my part in boosting Helmet. Early on I doubled with KK, then sometime later I found myself facing late (in the cutoff I think.) Its 50/100 here. I raise to 300, Helmet calls. Flop comes A2J. There's around 700 in the pot, so I bet out 300 thinking to myself that Helmet might see this as weakness and either call or play back at me with another ace. This he does as he reraises to 1100. Praising myself for my cleverness I happily push, and Helmet happily calls with JJ [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Guess all those posts about playing JJ for set value sunk in. I have to say one of my biggest failings in poker is getting stuck in the newbie track of "I GOTTA GOOD HAND! I GOTTA GOOD HAND!" without thinking about the good hand the other guy might have. What I should have thought about is that I have never seen Helmet show down without the goods, and if he's expressing an interest to go to the mat then maybe I should reconsider my options. Anyways, nice game all.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:44 PM

1: Profit (Madison), $72.00 (40%)
2: HelmetSky (Ramat-Gan), $54.00 (30%)
3: Bottz44 (Naugatuck), $36.00 (20%)
4: billum (manchester), $18.00 (10%)
5: J. Peterman (centerville),
6: 2L8-4U (Marysville),
7: Tosh27o (Colchester),
8: RedHeadedIan (Pennsauken),
9: DrPhysic (San Antonio),
10: t_perkin 2+2 (Akureyri),
11: heyrocker (Chicago),
12: Ruddiger (Sammamish),
13: MUTE2.0 (LAKELAND),
14: morpheu8 (galway),
15: ZADABEAR (TUCSON),
16: debaser (Buckingham),
17: ByronKincaid (Carshalton),
18: kgonzo (austin),

dammit! we finally let a non 2+2er win [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Not that I helped things at all. Playing O-8 for the last few days has ruined my NLHE game [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Oh well, at least William wasn't there to beat me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Not a great turn out altogether. Only 8 2+2ers as far as I can see.

Never mind.

I think i only have one or two hands to talk about. I will post them sometime soon. I am a bit busy to spend time doing HH reading this week, but I don't mind acting as the archive as usual. So give and you shall receive!

Oh yeah - congrats to Praying Mantis. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tim
Old 04-06-2004, 09:05 PM

Anyone see the hand I crapped out with btw ?

Had ATo with 1.9k ish stack in SB. Blinds 100/200 and its folded to me with that Profit guy in BB. I raised 600 and he set me all in. I had stolen a lot of blinds off him and he hadn't made this play before. I figured this meant a big hand but for some reason I called and got beaten by his kings.

Yuck. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2004, 10:31 PM

Default Re: 2+2 EURO SNG - Leaderboard

Well, as said, not a great turnout this week. A couple more players have gotten in two weeks but there are a lot of 2+2ers who have points but who still need to play another tourney.

This weeks Euro leaderboard:

Helmetsky - 258 pts
t_perkin 2+2 - 124 pts
MobyDick - 102 pts
Heyrocker - 83 pts
ByronKincaid - 82 pts
Ruddiger - 49 pts
Tosh27o - 45 pts
Stone_Eyes - 30 pts
debaser - 14 pts

Well, three heads up finishes in a row has created quite a dominating lead for HelmetSky. Congratulations. It was quite a battle at the end.

Profit seemed like a worthy opponent though and he earned himself 100 pts also today. Lets hope he shows next week for round two (and gets himself on the board)

Regards
Brad S

PS. As ever, I will wait till after thursdays SNG to get the combined results to simon. The rankings site will be updated sometime after that
Old 04-06-2004, 11:22 PM

I will try and get a front page done for the SNG Series later this week, so every thing is nicely in one place. I am also going to do a page listing the leader of each weeks rankings, a bit like a hall of fame. Anybody who makes it to the top will be immortalised there and we will be able to see the longest streaks at the top etc.

If there are any other pages or stats you want, just ask - I will try and fit them into my schedule.

Simon
Old 04-07-2004, 03:48 AM

Looking on the bright side, the only way is up for me!
Old 04-07-2004, 05:51 AM

Yes, not so many 2+2ers last night, but who knows, maybe some of the participants (Profit maybe) will become 2+2ers.

It was a strange game, especially at the end, when it was me and 4-5 randoms. HU with Profit was really long and tiring. He's certainly not the usual 11$ player, much much much more patient. And I'm not sure I was at my best. He played very good, regardless.

Anyway, I hope I'll lead the board for a long time, it's very good for my ego and self-esteem [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. And everybody should have a nice streak like that from time to time (Byron knows what I'm talking about).

And Heyrocker - I think you forgot to mention you had A2 in the hand you were busted against me - (on the AJ2 flop). That was a very very nice flop for me - expecially if you don't hold the AA - but hit a 2p. I think you were in a very tough spot there. 2p can be a very cruel hand sometimes. It looks sooo good, but some times it just can't stand too much heat. The decision to fold or push is probably heavily dependant on your opponent at the point.

Good game everybody, see you next week.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:38 AM

Nice results PM, I'll be back in next week, I've been working lates this week (part of a 5 week rota just started supporting US office hours) so couldn't make it.

I guess that's why so few 2+2'ers showed up, 1 less dead money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

G'Luck

stoneii
Old 04-07-2004, 10:37 AM

That's why I wasn't there [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(that and the fact that my "quick nap" turned into a "long slumper").

Catch you all next week.