Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2004, 10:42 PM

Default \"All In\" magazine

Does anyone know anything about "All In" magazine? Sounds dirty, but it ain't.

The subscription price at < $20 seems worth a chance, but there is no sample content or anything on the site to give me any confidence in being delivered anything.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:31 AM

Default Re: \"All In\" magazine

Hi Stevie:

I'm curious about it too. Usually, I would get contacted by a new group like this, but that hasn't been the case here.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 04-04-2004, 10:15 AM

Default Re: \"All In\" magazine..duh..lol..

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] mason; you are the champion of limit poker...

all-in connotes big bet poker...

would they invite "the enemy" into their fold???

sounds like this mag is an attempt to cash in on poker's (and in particular) tourney no-limit he's immense surge in popularity...

who knows..

jmho

gl [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2004, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like this mag is an attempt to cash in on poker's (and in particular) tourney no-limit he's immense surge in popularity...

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but I was under the impression that when a new magazine tries to launch they include some press notes, contributor profiles, and sample target demographics and circulation numbers are made available to potential advertisers.

This site has nothing.

And as Mason said, you would think he would be contacted about content, advertising, possible clumnists, etc.

The price seems too good to be true, and the utter lack of content scares me off.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:01 AM

it's just bizzare that a brand new mag, looking for subscribers would provide no sample content
Old 04-05-2004, 10:35 AM

There is something fishy about a magazine when the only form of payment they take is Paypal.

I suspect we will soon see a post from someone associated with the magazine addressing all our doubts.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:38 AM

I don't think the price is too good to be true, look at other magazines in their own genre. Cardplayer is just ridiculous that's all.

As far as not contacting 2+2....uhhh who cares, 2+2 isn't the center of the poker universe.

The website is definitely barebones at the moment, nothing out of the ordinary for something new. No telling who runs it and it could very well be run by deep pockets.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:49 PM

My apologies for my previous post, I was unable to delete it.

It would have been more appropriate if I merely stated that I think as poker becomes more popular, related publications should become more prevalent

I would not expect said publications to contact 2+2, even though 2+2 is most likely the largest gambling related publisher at the moment, nor would I discredit them.

In addition, I do not see a problem with a publication that is priced more closely to the "norm" for a magazine.
Old 04-05-2004, 02:57 PM

The point of a magazine is to sell advertising. If I were running a magazine which was going to come out soon, I would have contacted every possible advertiser. The fact that they haven't tried to sell advertising to 2+2 doesn't sit very well with me. That plus the fact that they only accept paypal and there is no contact information on the site (other than email) is very suspicious.

They are either very bad businesspeople or scam artists who will sell a bunch of subscriptions and never deliver any product.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The point of a magazine is to sell advertising. If I were running a magazine which was going to come out soon, I would have contacted every possible advertiser. The fact that they haven't tried to sell advertising to 2+2 doesn't sit very well with me. That plus the fact that they only accept paypal and there is no contact information on the site (other than email) is very suspicious.

They are either very bad businesspeople or scam artists who will sell a bunch of subscriptions and never deliver any product.

[/ QUOTE ]

too many assumptions in there

I will agree on the paypal part though, that should be a warning.