Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2004, 10:36 AM

Default Heading to AC

Heading to AC this weekend for a bachelor party. I hope to play at the Taj and Borgata, probably $20-$40. I hope to see some other 2+2ers.

I am 28 white guy, but look about 22, might be wearing a Virgina hat (a V with sabres on it).

For all the AC 2+2ers, if you see me, please introduce yourself.

Later,
-Phil
Old 04-05-2004, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Heading to AC

What did you think of the AC card rooms?
Old 04-06-2004, 04:19 PM

Good games (meaning fairly soft players). Taj and Trop poker rooms are dumps. The Borgata poker room is similar to a Bellagio, but without as many big games.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but without as many big games

[/ QUOTE ]

Understatement of the century. A ton of 10-20 and lower, usually one 15 game, one 20 game, and one higher (30 or 40) with a PL game or 2. Sometimes there is no 20 only a 30.

Edit: its too bad too, the room is real nice is could probably bring in the bigger games if they had more tables to work with.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:42 PM

Zack,

The Borgata didnt have a 15-30 game this weekend. They had about 5 10-20 games 2 20-40 games and 1 40-80 game.

Edit: its too bad too, the room is real nice is could probably bring in the bigger games if they had more tables to work with.

Word around the campfire is the Borgata has plans to expand to take away the Taj's business. Lets see what happens.

Old 04-06-2004, 04:44 PM

I'm a small stakes player mostly getting started out and since I'm in school my bankroll is not very huge. What does AC have in terms of low limit poker? I'd like to just play something like 2-4. What would you guys recommend as a good place to play some low limit, you seem to know AC fairly well.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:45 PM

MG, what night were you at the Borgata? I went down last minute Saturday night and played 1-5 Stud with my fishy friends. Had I known you were going to be there, I would have made an effort to look for you...
Old 04-06-2004, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MG, what night were you at the Borgata? I went down last minute Saturday night and played 1-5 Stud with my fishy friends. Had I known you were going to be there, I would have made an effort to look for you...

[/ QUOTE ]

I played $10-$20 in the center of the main room from 9pm-1:00 am. Mosch made a guest appearance and I played with him for a bit before he got called for a no limit game.

I had made tentative plans to meet up with Barry and his wife, however due to personal issues I could not get down to the cardroom until Saturday.

Next time you get to the Borgata have me paged.

Old 04-07-2004, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Word around the campfire is the Borgata has plans to expand

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked Stan the Poker manager about this rumor - It IS true the poker room is moving upstairs and going to 80+ tables. The bad news - Not until '06