Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2004, 06:25 AM

Default I don\'t do this often but standard?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Guido is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Guido checks.

River: (8.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Thanks,

Guido
Old 04-01-2004, 07:46 AM

Default Re: I don\'t do this often but standard?

I like it. You just dont get the chance very often.
4+ limpers I also raise with Axs from LP. I think Izmet Fekali have a good explanation of why this is good on his site.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:12 AM

In this situation I would be betting the turn as well, noone seems to like their hand much and you may taken the pot down, even if havent then you have the odds to your draw and are building the pot if you hit.

Interesting to see the others comments on this.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:24 AM

He is against 3 players who called a bet on the flop. Someone has something. If he bets he is betting someone elses hand. He raised preflop, thats why noone bets or raises.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:37 AM

I think a bet on the turn may have won this one. If not, it gives the impression you have a pair and a lower flush draw would go to war on the river.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a bet on the turn may have won this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree with this because there were so many limpers somebody must have something.

[ QUOTE ]
If not, it gives the impression you have a pair and a lower flush draw would go to war on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that they will go to war no matter what when the third club falls on the river.

Thanks,

Guido
Old 04-01-2004, 10:27 AM

I disagree, if he bets he is betting his own hand and the outs that he has, yes at this point he isnt ahead but by betting the turn he still has a chance to push out those better hands and is building the pot when he hits, he has a draw to the nuts I think that is the time to get those bets in there.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:39 AM

i think you played this hand well on every street. The power of raising with Axs in LP is if you hit your hand you will most likely have the nuts and the raise will cause hands to chase you that can not win win if they hit. As for beting the turn with this many callers a semibluff would be incorrect since the possibility of all opponents folding is slim to none.

this play works well in a loose passive game where the three bet is a rarity
Old 04-01-2004, 10:50 AM

He needs 5 callers for valuebetting a flushdraw on the turn. There are only 3 other players in the pot :/
If the Ace is clean he only need 3 callers, but its a slim valuebet and he has no guarantie that they all will call.
The only reason to bet this would be to gain 2 extra outs in case someone holds A-high with better kicker and can lay it down.
Js and Ts very often hits limpers, if you bet and someone has a pair you are betting their hand.

I disagree, if he bets he is betting his own hand and the outs that he has, yes at this point he isnt ahead but by betting the turn he still has a chance to push out those better hands and is building the pot when he hits

Why bet outs and charge your self to hit, when you can see the river for free ?
You think they will fold a pair ?
Why do he need to build the pot ?
Old 04-01-2004, 11:14 AM

I like the play on every street. The turn check was easy as a bet there is not going to take the pot and you are charging yourself for the draw.

Put another way, if I'm sitting at the table with a pair and can see right through your cards to the flush draw, I'm betting into you, raising and even capping with my tens or jacks if it's just you and me. I'm way ahead of your 11-outer and am betting for value.

Well played. I usually limp with Axs preflop, but will reevaluate this in the situation you describe.