Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2004, 12:32 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default got limp-reraised then kept betting... too aggressive?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.16 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 9.16 BB, between CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (9.16 BB).</font>

I got such a strong feeling here that he was just trying to take control of the hand, because a cutoff limp-reraise doesn't exactly seem like a planned move. I saw it as the player trying to take control of the hand.

should I have stopped betting at any point? what if I was raised? I was worried about being raised because if the limp-reraise was just a LAG move, then the CO will be very capable of raising the turn with nothing. I did plan to fold to a raise here, which probably wasn't too smart given my attack mode.

I felt the river was a good value bet, as I would get called down by a lower PP or likely even ace-high.

so how'd I do? I think I played this like an aggressive idiot. results forthcoming.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:01 AM

Default Re: got limp-reraised then kept betting... too aggressive?

I too think he had a lower PP.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:47 AM

Default Re: got limp-reraised then kept betting... too aggressive?

I think he had KK and thought you had AA
Old 03-31-2004, 04:51 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Results

well I don't think I'm going to get anymore responses, so here are the results:

CO has 88 and MHIG

despite the results, I don't think I had a good plan, and I think more often than not I would've lost this hand.