Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2004, 09:49 AM

Default My First...

I had to post this hand. Not for analysis or opinion on the play but simply because in a year of playing online it was my first.

Party Poker, $20 SNG, blinds at 50/100 I am dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button. 3 callers of the 6 left. I raise T200. All call. Flop comes T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] BB bets T100 1 fold 2 callers. I make it T400 with my nut flush draw and 2nd pair. All call. The turn brings the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] giving me the Broadway straight. 2 checks, a bet for T200 and I just call ( could have went the whole hog here but I decided that there was still a draw that one or more of the other players could have). 2 others fold. The river is the beautiful, wonderful, glorious, Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I have just rivered my very first Royal Flush online. I have had Straight Flushes before up to J high but have never had a Royal. To make things better, my opponent just filled his boat (he was holding AA). He is first to act and goes all in for the rest of his chips, about T600. I immediately call with what was left of my stack and the cards turn over. Lots of ooohs and aaahs of course. What a great feeling. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 10:10 AM

Default Re: My First...

Congrats.

Not only on catching it, but on being lucky enough to have somebody else at the table holding a boat. Has to be a memorable hand.

Doc

Old 03-30-2004, 11:26 AM

I once made the idiot end of a straight flush and lost many chips to a royal [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 01:50 PM

I broke my Straight Flush virginty the other day too. Doing it in style with a Royal Flush in Hearts to win on a 30+3 SnG table.

Tim
Old 03-30-2004, 02:13 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Nice Stage,

I wish you many more to come (as long as I am not sitting at your table) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

William [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 02:31 PM

Congrats on the Royal Flush. I'm still waiting to get mine.

On another note, my A high flush was demolished by a straight flush that took me out of contention in a tourney yesterday.

Congrats again.

adam
Old 03-30-2004, 02:38 PM

Default Congrats!! -NM-

Old 03-30-2004, 03:04 PM

Congrats ... well done.

I'm just gald it wasn't in a 2+2 SNG or Zoo event where you were Head's up with me.

Actually, I'd still be happy for you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2004, 06:55 PM

Very nice. I too recieved my first royal flush last week in a $10+1 SNG. I flopped it, and I got so excited I went all in. Probably one of my dumber moves in my lifetime. Of course no one called, and I forgot to unclick "auto muck", so no one got to see it! Next time I'll know to slow play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Thrillho
Old 03-31-2004, 12:04 AM

Great hand! What better hand to have a Royal against then Aces Full? I bet your opponent is still thinking to this day that "it is rigged" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ryan_21