Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2004, 04:40 AM

Default Maniacs are fun

Interesting pot I played tonight. BB was a complete maniac, MP1 was not a maniac but loose nonetheless. Great table, a few maniacs, many loose-passive. Only two other players besides me not playing silly.

I pretty much knew BB was going to raise, but called pf anyway. I think there were enough limpers at that point. What do you people think? Should I really cap the flop?. What did MP1 have? Very enjoyable hand.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Blondie666 checks, CO (poster) checks, Hero calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Blondie666 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 24.50 BB, between Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (24.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Th Jh (two pair, jacks and tens).
Hero shows 3s Qs (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 24.50 BB. </font> [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 05:08 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Maniacs are fun

wait, so you limped in with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in front of someone you call a maniac and you're calling others loose?
Old 03-30-2004, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wait, so you limped in with Q 3 in front of someone you call a maniac and you're calling others loose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. Not a hand I would play normally, but there were 3 limpers and 2 posters in front of me, plus a SB I knew would call. It's a hand I can get away from easily if the flop doesn't hit me, and when it does, the texture of the game is such that I would get paid off in a big way. Certainly not a hand that I would normally play, but I felt that this situation and game texture made it playable.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:34 AM

That J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the turn must have put a lump in your throat.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:39 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

with a maniac to act behind you, you can't possibly justify this call. I don't even like if if you are guaranteed no one will raise behind you.

you won't be drawing to the nuts, you have no straight potential, and you will have a board kicker whenever you do catch a queen. that hand is just horrible.

Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is awful
Old 03-30-2004, 11:49 AM

I am going to have to agree here with thief, this is just simply reckless. I would have have loved to see your reaction had he turned over something like K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - maniac or not, this is not the weapon of choice to go to war with
Old 03-31-2004, 02:09 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

In these types of games, along with suited, i like my cards at least somewhat connected. Especially if i know it's likely to be 2+ bets preflop.

nice play postflop though.

b
Old 03-31-2004, 04:15 AM

I'm scratching my head wondering why you capped the flop. I know these folks are maniacs, but you have top-pair bad-kicker and a non-nut flush draw. I wouldn't have even called.

Don't even get me started preflop either. You make your money by showing maniacs strong hands. Loosening up to them is completely the opposite of what you should do. Q3s is reckless.

Looks to me like you're gambling way too much and just got lucky.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't have even called.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can't be serious with this... how often do you lose with a Q-high flush?
Old 03-31-2004, 11:08 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

postflop he played fine. What are you putting the maniac on that will beat you here? The hero has a fantastic draw. He could also hit 2 pair or trips. If you even consider folding on this flop, you have some holes postflop.

Preflop is a different story though.

b