Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2004, 02:01 AM

Default When to be aggresive?

5-10 holdem game on party. I feel like I don't know when to be aggresive and when not to be in certain situations. Let me know what you guys think.

LMP calls, folded to me in BB

I have K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I raise. LMP calls I figure that i might as well raise cause the pot is heads up and since he just limped in I most likely have a dominant hand.

Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I figure this is a great flop to bluff with 2 overcards heads up after raising him preflop.
I bet LMP calls.
Turn 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet again LMP calls.
River J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, LMP bets. I fold.

Thoughts?
Old 03-29-2004, 02:20 AM

Default Re: When to be aggresive?

I think the flop bet is routine. The turn bet seems like such a desperation bet though.. Call me a weak player, but I would consider checking and folding to a bet on the turn. There isn't much money in the pot, and you're betting out with two overcards. Seems like grasping at straws. I put the opposition on JT or somthing like A8.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:38 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

anyone who limps in LMP could very well have the mindset to call down to the river with an ace or crappy draw, and I don't want that to happen. I bet the river if I'm betting the turn
Old 03-29-2004, 05:12 AM

Sometimes I find it's worth waiting to be aggressive. Why not check pf and c/r the flop and or the turn? This is a play I like to make 'cause it can scare the chit out of your opponent after being lulled into thinking you're just playing out your "free" hand.