Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2004, 11:36 PM

Default Anybody chop in low limit games?

Does anybody chop in low limit games, ie 4-8 games.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Anybody chop in low limit games?

I always offer to chop, even if I have AA. But if someone refuses to once or raises into me out of the SB heads up...then the offer is gone from that point forward.

Nothing wrong with chopping or playing it out, just be consistent.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:46 PM

You should pretty much always chop in LL games if possible, the rake is just too much to overcome heads up.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:54 PM

Yes
Old 03-28-2004, 11:56 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I refuse to chop. I enjoy playing the game and playing heads up between the blinds is part of the game.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:00 AM

I think it's insane not to chop the blinds. You are getting murdered by the rake and for what? If you like playing heads up you should get a friend, a fifth, a deck of cards and some chips and play to your heart's content. If you enjoy pissing off everyone at the table and making yourself the target of their aggression then do what you must.

Schaefer
Old 03-29-2004, 05:47 AM

Yes.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:59 AM

Whatever you do, make sure to keep it consistent. Nothing aggrivates a table more than a person who'll chop one time and then suddenly want to play his cards another time.

Personally I chop because the rake will just not make it worth your while.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:19 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I have only been to B&M I think 4 times, but I always make it known that I don't chop. even if I already know the policy, I will ask someone right when I sit down "what is your policy with chopping blinds?" and I will make sure to add something about how I don't believe in it. a lot of people don't know what it is, so we get into a conversation. it's nice because now people remember it

I've encountered the situation three times, and 2 of the times people at the table remembered that I said that I don't chop. the other time, the guy wasn't there when I said it, and he asked me if I'd mind chopping, and I said if he really wanted to I would. I had AJ.

most of you do, and that surprises me, because I never really considered the rake. in the past I've always done it as a principle thing. I felt like those situations are part of the game, but if they aren't profitable then I should avoid them

also, do you all get pissed off when someone doesn't want to chop, even if he's consistent? I generally am one of the more friendly people at the table, but if this would piss people off, I wouldn't want to do that.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:18 AM

as long as you do it one set way, it should be fine. i have 2 friends, one always chops because he sucks heads up and my other friend never chops because she says its a part of the game. but the moment that either of my friends changes their policies is the day that they deserve to be tounge lashed by the table.
so if you're a player then play, if you're a chopper then chop. but if you're a player and people are truly offended by your not chopping, you should probably give in and chop because the last thing you want is everybody at the table to be mad at you.