Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2004, 08:33 PM

Default best party poker code?

I was about to open a party poker account (my first). What is the best code to use? I've seen some people advertise that they'll kick you back a % of the rake? Anyone have any advice as to the best way to go? Thanks.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:44 PM

Default Re: best party poker code?

YES

Don't take the first offer that hits your PM. You are the customer and can demand what you want. These rake kickbacks are also not allowed but they happen anyway.

rJ
Old 03-28-2004, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't take the first offer that hits your PM. You are the customer and can demand what you want. These rake kickbacks are also not allowed but they happen anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are the rake kickbacks under the table then? What's the best deal I can hope to get?
Old 03-28-2004, 08:57 PM

The kickbacks are under the table. The sites claim it is not allowed, but because it brings them players they turn a blind eye. However, tomorrow, a month, a year or maybe never the site may realize hey if we punish all of these affiliates by cancelling the account, many players will stay and we wont lose that 25% of the rake.

As far as a good deal. Some of the scummy ones who i personally would not deal with because they could easily lie and under pay you may say they will give you 20%, leaving themselves only 5%. However, they will make up for that by just not paying you the full amount, because you have no way to track how much you really pay in rake.

That said i would go with someone who others respect. I have never heard a complaint about inthacup. If i were looking for a rake back deal i would definetly take the 50% of his 25% cut. Than going with a chump who claims to give you more.

rJ
Old 03-28-2004, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would definetly take the 50% of his 25% cut

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a crappy cut - many decent affiliates getting 25% of a players rake will kick back 80%+ - i otherwise agree with this advice - i dont know inthacup except by good reputation but it is a good idea to get a little bit comfortable with the affiliate you choose before you choose them - i do think that the size of the cut is just one factor - i would take a smaller cut from someone i trusted in preference to a big cut from someone i was unsure about

as for not telling you how much your cut is that is definately a problem - its good to have pokertracker - the payment an affiliate gets is a % of a players rake - rake for these purposes is calculated as rake taken in a given hand divided by the number of players - this figure will of-course be higher than rake taken out of pots you win which is the rake figure that pokertracker will give you - none the less you can closely estimate with help from pokertracker what your rake for the purposes of an affiliate payment should be

i'm not sure if its ok for affiliates to PM you based on this post given the strict forum rules - if you havent recieved at least a few offers then i would expressly state in a post that you want party affiliates to PM you

i am not a party affiliate before someone accuses me...

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 03-28-2004, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thats a crappy cut - many decent affiliates getting 25% of a players rake will kick back 80%+ - i otherwise agree with this advice - i dont know inthacup except by good reputation but it is a good idea to get a little bit comfortable with the affiliate you choose before you choose them - i do think that the size of the cut is just one factor - i would take a smaller cut from someone i trusted in preference to a big cut from someone i was unsure about

as for not telling you how much your cut is that is definately a problem - its good to have pokertracker - the payment an affiliate gets is a % of a players rake - rake for these purposes is calculated as rake taken in a given hand divided by the number of players - this figure will of-course be higher than rake taken out of pots you win which is the rake figure that pokertracker will give you - none the less you can closely estimate with help from pokertracker what your rake for the purposes of an affiliate payment should be

i'm not sure if its ok for affiliates to PM you based on this post given the strict forum rules - if you havent recieved at least a few offers then i would expressly state in a post that you want party affiliates to PM you

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice. It is okay with me for affiliates to PM me.

This might be a stupid question, but how hard is it to become your own affil? Can I sign up as an affil and keep the whole 25%? What does it take to do that? Thanks.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This might be a stupid question, but how hard is it to become your own affil? Can I sign up as an affil and keep the whole 25%? What does it take to do that? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't sign up under yourself (it's against the agreement), so becoming an affiliate in order to get your own rake back won't work.

If you want to sign others up, you can just become an affiliate at Party, Pacific, and a few others.

For Empire, you can become an affiliate by having an affiliate sign you up as a subaffiliate. Let me know if you're interested.

Or, I believe that once you can become an affiliate after you play the thousands of hands to become an Empire VIP membe.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This might be a stupid question, but how hard is it to become your own affil? Can I sign up as an affil and keep the whole 25%? What does it take to do that? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

short answer is no - i think the best arrangement is to have a group of freinds who also want a rake rebate at the same site or are at least interested in playing that site from time to time - i became an affiliate at a site (which is very easy to do at most sites) primarily to refund all of the affiliate payments to my brother and a close freind - they love that arrangement - i also have rake rebate arrangements with 6-7 others which is a bit of "free" money for me but also ensures that my being an affiliate at that site looks and is legitimate

i'm sure the site would be suspicious if your mum became an affiliate and you were the only customer

Old 03-29-2004, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't sign up under yourself (it's against the agreement), so becoming an affiliate in order to get your own rake back won't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Odd you say that. Why would they enforce this, when it is also "against the agreement," to give rake kickbacks in the first place.

rJ
Old 03-29-2004, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Odd you say that. Why would they enforce this, when it is also "against the agreement," to give rake kickbacks in the first place

[/ QUOTE ]

i've read the affiliate agreement that i have which as i mentioned is not party - there is nothing in that agreement that precludes me paying a rake rebate to players i sign up - none the less i am discreet about it