Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2004, 09:52 PM

Default Just got pokertracker, play analysis

Hey guys,

I was and am having a terrible week at Absolute so I decided to get PokerTracker and perhaps share with you some stats so the more experienced people can lend a helpful hand. This is only based on 1,500 hands and the first 2000 or so I cannot get, but I had a very good run a month ago money wise and am now stuck in a hole I cant get out of. Anyway I wont bore you with the numerous bad beat stories, but here are some basic stats.

VP$IP: 18.06
VP$IP from SB: 25
Saw Flop: 24.91
Folded to BB steal: 66.67

Att. to steal blinds: 15.28%

went to SD: 28.65
Wont at SD: 58

Raised pre-flop: 5.78 (not sure why this is low, its normally almost 6.5, could be an obscure sample)

Aggression Numbers:
Flop: 2.27
Turn: 1.52
River: 1.67

Folded to river: 38.30

This is all 3/6, at a 9 table often not full...

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and while I understand that the hand sample is small, I would probably have the same statistic for 5,000 hands since I havent varied my play much at AP.

P.S. Can anyone determine if this is tight, tight passive, tight aggressive...loose aggressive?

arkady
Old 03-27-2004, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Just got pokertracker, play analysis

Well - you are certainly aggressive but raising pre-flop could be a little higher. Looks like good tight play to me!
Old 03-28-2004, 02:49 AM

As a comparison here are my stats for Party 3/6. I added "won when saw flop". VPIP is about the same. Looks like I go to showdown more than you, and win at showdown less. But I also win a lot without showing down.

My aggression numbers are definitely higher than yours, and my PFR number is much higher (but I suspect it's higher than most peoples). The more I play the more I find that aggression pays. I also defend the BB more often, and I definitely attack the blinds more often.

These numbers are based on about 10K hands. And I'd have to say that so far I've been very successfull at 3/6 (with 2 small succesfull forays at 5/10 6 max). I should probably try to trim back the "went to showdown" number slightly, which should increase my "won at showdown" number, as long as I can find a way to do that without significantly affecting my "won when saw flop" number. I still have a tendency to push certain hands a bit too far and it's the leak I'm concentrating on at the moment.

VP$IP: 18.99
VP$IP from SB: 27.85
Saw Flop: 24.14
Folded to BB steal: 58.09

Att. to steal blinds: 30.67%

went to SD: 37.8%
Won at SD: 49.19%
Won when saw flop: 38.57%

Raised pre-flop: 10.56%

Aggression Numbers:
Flop: 3.04
Turn: 2.99
River: 1.95

Folded to river: 35.88
Old 03-28-2004, 12:02 PM

Wow, you are indeed far more aggressive. In fact, compared to you I am just a little passive elephant.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:06 AM

If you post your win% it might help to see if you're running bad. It should probably be in the range of 6-8% over the long run if you are a winning player.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:16 PM

where can I find that statistic?

btw, my: won when saw flop is: 30.97%...
Old 03-28-2004, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
where can I find that statistic?

btw, my: won when saw flop is: 30.97%...

[/ QUOTE ]
W$SF seems plenty high.

win% is hidden in plain sight [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

General Info tab, with your screen name selected (left panel), look at the bottom of of the screen where the starting hands are listed-- there is a column labelled "Win %". The bottom row, labelled "Totals" will have your total win % for all hands.

Old 03-28-2004, 01:29 PM

oh yeah, there it is....9.54 win %.

when u say the w$sf is plenty high, i presume high enough - because i noticed people's is somewhere in the mid or high 30s.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:51 PM

Hmmmm, keep in mind I'm no expert, but I don't see anything wrong with the individual numbers. Just looking at these, I would think you were crushing the game. So you must be winning small pots and losing big ones. This would be consistent with what JDErickson is saying.

However, the numbers don't seem consistent to me. Are you sure these are all overall numbers and some not just for a single session or something like that? It seems like the following should be true:

W$SF=win%/SF%=9.54/24.91=38.3%, not 30.97%. Or am I missing something? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2004, 04:01 PM

There's more than one way to play this game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And certain stats wil be different depending on your style of play.

If you're very aggressive then you're won when saw flop % is likely to be higher, but your won at showdown % is likely to be lower because your betting/raising a lot and making people laydown hands - but when they stay to the showdown they're more likely to have you beat.

If you're less aggressive but win a high enough % of showdowns then you're won when saw flop % doesn't need to be as high, as long as you don't take this to extremes (for example - shooting for 100% won at showdown is an extreme because you'll lay down too many hands). The trick is actually to find a happy medium to maximize your profit - which is the ultimate goal. Different, successfull, players can still play with different styles (although the best will change gears as needed depending on the opponents style).