Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2004, 03:10 PM

Default Best of luck figuring this one out...

Try to follow the action here. This is literally my first hand at this table.

My main questions are:

-What the heck is going on here?
-How's my play on each street?
-Also, what the heck is going on here? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
bdk3clash has Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and is BB

UTG limps, EP1 limps, EP2 limps, MP1 limps, MP3 limps, Button folds, SB limps, bdk3clash raises, UTG calls, EP1 calls, EP2 3-bets, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, SB folds, bdk3clash caps, UTG calls, EP1 folds, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls

Flop(23 SB): 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

bdk3clash bets, UTG calls, EP2 raises, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, bdk3clash 3-bets, UTG caps, EP2 calls, MP3 calls, bdk3clash calls

Turn(19 1/2 BB): 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

bdk3clash bets, UTG raises, EP2 bets, EP2 is, MP3 calls, bdk3clash calls, UTG calls

River(28 BB): 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

bdk3clash checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks
Old 03-27-2004, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Best of luck figuring this one out...

My guess is that UTG had 78 and is worried about you having filled up, I think you gave waaaaayyyy too much action for just QQ here.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Best of luck figuring this one out...

I'm not sure there is much to figure out here. It was capped preflop and on a relatively raggy board UTG capped the flop. I think you are wayyy ahead of TT/JJ/AK and wayyy behind AA/KK/99. The callers could have anything from overcards to some kind of straight/flush draw.

I don't think I would have 3-bet the flop unless I had some kind of read on UTG. Most players I've seen will not raise a preflop capper unless they have AA/KK.

In my opinoin your bet on the turn was a little foolish.

The checks on the end means you are probably good. There is a possibility UTG might be going for a double CR with his AA/KK.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:36 PM

Default RESULTS Re: Best of luck figuring this one out...

(BTW, the hand history above should read "EP2 is all in" on the turn.)

UTG had 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
EP2 had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP3 had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
My measly overpair is good in a 28 BB pot

Recap:

UTG (7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) limped-called-coldcalled preflop, called on the flop with a gutshot+set draw, and raised the turn

EP2 (K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) limp-raised preflop, jammed his flush draw on the flop (correctly, IMHO), and called all-in on the turn

MP3 (K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) limped and called another two cold preflop, called two cold on the flop twice with overcards, then called another two cold on the turn with overcards.

Percentage chance of winning:

Preflop
--------
bdk3clash (Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]): 51.2%
UTG (7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]): 19.5%
EP2 (K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]): 19.2%
MP3 (K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]): 7.6%

On the flop
-----------
bdk3clash (Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]): 40.8%
UTG (7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]): 16.9%
EP2 (K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]): 40.9%
MP3 (K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]): 1.5%

On the Turn
-----------
bdk3clash (Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]): 56.4%
UTG (7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]): 18.0%
EP2 (K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]): 25.6%
MP3 (K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]): 0.0%

On the River
------------
bdk3clash (Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]): 100.0% [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
UTG (7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]): 0.0%
EP2 (K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]): 0.0%
MP3 (K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]): 0.0%
Old 03-27-2004, 08:27 PM

Default Re: RESULTS Re: Best of luck figuring this one out...

Wow your opponents suck...good for you. I still think you overplayed your hand.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:30 PM

Default Re: RESULTS Re: Best of luck figuring this one out...

[ QUOTE ]
Wow your opponents suck...good for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

[ QUOTE ]
I still think you overplayed your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Bad play, good result. Very good result.