Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2004, 03:44 AM

Default 80-160 River play ?

This hand took place while I was sweating my friend in 80-160 at the Belligio last night. First off the game was juicy with 2-3 players who liked to see every flop. Best game at this limit I have ever seen. BB is dealt Jd9d UTG raises 5 callers to the BB who called. So 7 handed to the flop of Td 8d 9c the BB checks Preflop raiser bets it gets raised by UTG+2 cold called by 2 players when BB 3 bets and called by 4 players. Five players to the turn 2d {Td 8d 9c} big blind bets and all 4 call 5 to the river. (Did I say how good of a game this was. River brings Qd {2d Td 8d 9c} and the BB does ??????????????
Old 03-27-2004, 04:25 AM

Default Re: 80-160 River play ?

Folds?

OK, I say bet; hopefully he'll be called in two places, raised by the Ad, cold-called by another guy, and he can then 3-bet.
Old 03-27-2004, 04:39 AM

is the correct play check or bet? depends on who he thinks has the Ad and the Kd cause he wants to trap each of those players for the most bets possible. checking may actually be the correct play.
Old 03-27-2004, 04:51 AM

Mike L how is checking in this game a good move???? no honestly not being sarcastic how????????
Old 03-27-2004, 06:21 AM

Bet it will get raised almost every time, except the king who might just call. But if he bets a weak diamond might call, then the Ace raises, and he gets 2 extra bes by betting maybe. if both the A and K of diamonds are out then it's probably best to check, but only if you know that both are out. if you bet you gets at least 3 bets, that's too good to resist, you will be very lucky to get 4 or 5
Old 03-27-2004, 06:30 AM

If someone checked here, I would hope that everyone else
did too! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2004, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I say bet; hopefully he'll be called in two places, raised by the Ad, cold-called by another guy, and he can then 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, that's pretty much what I'd do and what I'd hope would happen.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:42 AM

Default BB checked

I almost fell down after seeing the hand as the BB was not the one I was sweating. My friend a consistant winner at this game said a check was not that bad. My question is why? I could not imagine checking here but my friend said that if she was 3 bet here that she could fold the Ad. What do you all think????
Old 03-27-2004, 10:46 AM

of course you bet out here. there is no sxure thing the ace or king is out and will even bet for you. and with the pot so big someone will call with a small diamond or straight. you would look like and be a fool to find it checked around.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is the correct play check or bet? depends on who he thinks has the Ad and the Kd cause he wants to trap each of those players for the most bets possible. checking may actually be the correct play.

[/ QUOTE ]

good f-ing lord Dr. l. in a game this good and this loose with players obviously going way to far with their hands and being way out of line i would expect to be RAISED and i can 3bet if i was the bb. thats a whole lot of big bets. one pot like this in a session can be the only one you play in the 8 hours and you'd still be way above your expectation for that time. think about what you MAY be giving up by checking here and passing up the opportunity to 3 bet the ad with callers at $160 a pop!!!

although you may be right that you'll be able to get in the c-r, do you think it'll be 3bet by tha a? whereas you can 3bet after the ad raises you.

i don't mean to sound at all like an [censored] and if i did i apologize but this is just too good a game to check imo.

-Barron