Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2004, 03:39 AM

Default wonderful idea - Pokerstars blocks chat during all-in\'s of a tourney

just went to PS and saw a new Chat Policy on my popup

apparently now, if you're in one of the select tourneys (I assume the major ones) - the chat of all players and observers is blocked when someone goes all in -

this won't stop all the cheating that goes on, but it's a start...

RB
Old 03-24-2004, 07:57 PM

Default Re: wonderful idea - Pokerstars blocks chat during all-in\'s of a tourney

Yes, it is another sensible idea well implemented by Pokerstars.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:17 PM

Default Re: wonderful idea - Pokerstars blocks chat during all-in\'s of a tourney

agreed that it's a good effort to try to curtail some of the problems....but as was pointed out on the initial thread regarding the new policy, we are hoping we can get this rule altered for the KOTZ-events.

i also think it could be a bit odd for the final two or three players (the rule also includes no-chat while you still have cards).
if you are trying to cut a deal or just generall chat with you final opponent it gets a bit difficult to find that little gap in there when you don't have cards any longer.

i'll have to see it in effect to see if this doesn't cause any problems....but, as you would expect of stars, if there is any problem i am sure they will do their best to implement a solution quickly.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but, as you would expect of stars, if there is any problem i am sure they will do their best to implement a solution quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep - Has anyone noticed the begging restrictions they implemented. I can't chat at the 30 60 game as I "dont have a sufficient buyin for the game in my account".

John
Old 03-25-2004, 09:54 AM

I must be the only person in the online world that when I get put all-in usually says "OOPS, I only have K9o, sorry - accident"
Old 03-26-2004, 06:02 AM

Hi guys,

not wanting to steal Lee's thunder on this one but we have decided to remove the restriction when you have cards.

It was never our desire or intent to so restrict the chat as to remove the fun from the games... but many players told us that this is exactly what we had done.

Sooooo - the Zoo tourney will be fine... but, we are still keeping the "no chat when allin" restriction.

In response to Tach - we have implemented a feature in the top end of the ring games and selected Multis whereby observer chat is restricted to those with sufficient funds in their account to sit in the game - this is to stop the panhandling problem that has been getting out of control as of late.

Any questions feel free to PM me or drop us an email.

Ellis
PokerStars Support