Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2004, 03:50 AM

Default Two Hands- did I make the wrong move

Hand 1

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed)

Dids (t425)
SB (t2140)
BB (t2755)
UTG (t1250)
MP (t1430)

Preflop: Dids is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls t100, <font color="CC3333">MP raises to t400</font>, Dids folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls t300.

Hand 2

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (4 handed)

Dids (t425)
UTG (t2090)
Button (t2755)
SB (t2730)

Preflop: Dids is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Button calls t100, SB completes, Dids checks.

Flop: (t300) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Dids checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t300) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets t100</font>, Dids folds, Button calls t100.

I'm so short stacked that I wanted to push in- especially with the 7s, but with that pre-flop raise I didn't want to move with against a better pair.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Two Hands- did I make the wrong move

Hand 1: I would have pushed all-in no brainer. At this point, you are hoping to squeek into the money, and doubling-up, possibly trippling up, is going to help you do that. Sure, you could be a 7.5/1 dog, but you could also be a coin flip, plus the possibility that the limper will fold one of the raiser's cards (ie limper has A5o, and raiser has AQs) gives you more than correct odds to try to double up at that point.

Hand 2: This seems fine. Calling the bet is the incorrect move. You either have to make a semi-bluff steal attempt on the flop, when you still have 3 times the min bet, or just as correctly check/fold unless you improve. Either move can be advocated, and with no other reads on your opponents, either move could be correct.

GL and represent for Sea-Town (Bellevue resident)

Ajizzle
Old 03-20-2004, 10:34 AM

Hand 1 I would certainly push. You're unlikely to get a better opportunity before the blinds eat you.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:01 PM

Hand one I would have gone all in. Hand 2, when you hit a pair you folded to a 100 bet, why ?? You're down to 300 and there is 400 in the pot, I probably would have pushed in. They are both tough hands with the stack you have, nothing overly clear cut.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:10 PM

Folks at that table had been waiting to be their hands until the turn with frequency. I assumed (rightly I might add) that my 5s were meaningless.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:34 PM

Hand 1 - all in definately. The bet of 400 probably does not have just a random steal coz of the call before him but a slightly better hand but man, you're the short stack it's gambling time 7's re the best you're gonna see

Hand 2 - all-in on the flop after SB checks if you get called and lose, make a cup of tea