Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2004, 12:58 AM

Default Best Concert Encore Ever

Led Zeppelin 6/25/72 L.A. Forum

Louie, Louie/Everyday People/Thank You medley, heavy emphasis on the pipe organ.

Inexplicably & inexcusably left off of the official How The West Was Won live album last year, but the show is an amazing bootleg, especially for an audience recording.

Oh BTW, for the couple of you who may remember my post from last month: The soundboard bootleg of Zep's 5/26/73 show in SLC is unbelievably good. Sounds like you're standing right on stage with them. Must've come from the monitor feeds. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2004, 04:15 AM

Default Re: Best Concert Encore Ever

Bill -

Zep is my favorite band by far. where do you get these boots, and how can I get them?

I'm rabid here...
Old 03-19-2004, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Zep is my favorite band by far. where do you get these boots, and how can I get them?

[/ QUOTE ]

me too, wish I could have seen a concert. Page and Plant themselves don't do Zep justice. Missing the big ass gong, I guess
Old 03-19-2004, 09:38 AM

Bauhaus, Hammersmith Palais, Mid 80's. Last ever concert (or at least till they reformed and did a couple of gigs a few years ago.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:47 AM

Oooh a Goth from Leeds. Fancy that! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 10:08 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I'm actually from Kent [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] but when your 5 and your local team (Gills) are a crap 4th Div side geography don't seem important [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I went and saw one of the reunion gigs at the Brixton Academy and apart from being a fantastic show it was one of the funniest experiences I've ever had. There was all these middle aged banker/insurance types reliving their youth - just like me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - All dressed up as they used too with their leather jackets with their tippex motifs of various goth bands on the back but most were 2 or 3 sizes too small. Relics from the past that cannot be thrown out and given an outing at least for one night. In the pub before hand it was all spritzers, red wine and expensive bottled lagers rather than piss poor cider like the glory days. Their was one guy who had all the gear on, painted face, black painted fingernails, the whole nine yards. The problem was he had spiked his hair but had a huge bald patch right in the middle. I had been picked up by a mate earlier in the day and so didn't get a chance to change my clothes. I can safely say I was an looked an absolute loon screaming for 'Terror Couple' as an encore in my white jeans and bright orange T shirt. A fantastic night. Now when are the Sisters and The Psycodelic Furs gonna do a reunion. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

PS. They didn't play Terror Couple [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 11:07 AM

Never understood Goths -- quite liked some of the music (Bahaus but not Sisters) but all that staying out of the sun, hanging round cemetaries and drinking Snakebite was not really for me.

I'll actually be watching the Gills a week tomorrow as they vist my beloved West Ham and look forward to taunting them with the chant "The wheels on your house go round and round" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

This is after sorting out a little local difficulty with M*llw*ll on Sunday.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:47 AM

From Goth sprang some of the greatest stuff we will ever have to listen to--Nick Cave, SWANS, Ministry, Nine Inch Nails, Dead Can Dance, etc.

In the flat field I do get bored...

Oh, stop.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:02 PM

British friend sends 'em to me. I'm a newbie when it comes to Zep boots masel.

Unfor'ly, I don't have a CD burner, file-sharing ability or large e-mail attatchment capacity, or I'd sort ya right out.

Gimme a couple weeks, and I might be able to come up w/something. Can you install a program called Soul Seek on your home PC?
Old 03-22-2004, 04:07 PM

Yeah, but all Goth came from Black Sabbath! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]