Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2004, 05:48 PM

Default River Raise?

Party 10/20. I am new to the table but have played with a few of the players before. The table is loose and moderately aggressive. I am dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in EP. UTG, a loose goose who hasn't shown down any hands yet, limps, and I raise. Unknown MP and LP cold-call, SB loose aggressive (saw him raise 98s in EP after a limper) calls, BB folds, UTG calls. 5 to the Flop, 5bb.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB leads out, UTG calls, I raise. Everyone folds back to the SB who re-raises, UTG calls, and I cap. Both call. 3 to the Turn, 11bb.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] SB bets, UTG calls, I call. 3 to the River, 14bb.

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets all-in for $15, UTG calls. Your move?

-Brian
Old 03-18-2004, 05:59 PM

Default Re: River Raise?

considering all the optoins:

1) fold - unsound, since SB is over aggro and UTG hasn't shown any strength

2) call - sound, given the size of the pot, the excellent chance you are ahead of at least of SB. UTG could be taking all the heat with Ax since he is loose, but he also could be calling the whole way with just a pair of 8 or 9.

3) raise - unsound, even though if u are ahead of UTG u could win some more to off set the possibility of losing to SB, UTG's play so far is also inline with Ax and he won't fold for sure.

So in conclusion, i'd vote for a call.

Kenny
Old 03-19-2004, 11:37 AM

Default Results

I called.

All-in SB: 88.
UTG: 97o.

-Brian