Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2004, 09:00 PM

Default 100 10+1 SnGs...60 down.

I made it to over the halfway mark, and my results thus far are close to where I want to be, but not quite there yet. I still have 40 to get my ROI up to 50%, but I seem to be stuck hovering around 40 instead. Anyway, here's the breakdown thus far. I'll spare you the individual tourney summaries, although I'm ashamed to admit that I won the 60th tourney while playing less than optimally because I ran up against a time deadline and had to go. Started playing recklessly when 4 handed and caught a couple of cards and won the thing...I'm not proud of it...but I'll take one of these under the circumstances.

60 played. 27/60 (45% in the money). 12 firsts, 7 seconds, 8 thirds. 27 finishes in 4th through sixth, 6 in 7th through ninth.

660 invested, 948 won.
ROI: 43.6%. Avg Finish: 3.85.

Still a lot of room for improvement, but I feel like I'm still learning lessons each time I play. At this point, I feel like I'm ready to play at the $20 level, but will see this through to the end.

CCC
Old 03-16-2004, 10:38 PM

Default Re: 100 10+1 SnGs...60 down.

If you are going to beat 50% RoI, you are going to need to do it with 2nds and 3rds, because more than 20% 1sts is very hard. That said, I think you can do it, but I would bet against you making it by 100.

Craig