Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2004, 10:32 AM

Default TPWK in BB

2-tables 33$, last 10, we're five at the table. I'm shortest stack w/1135. Blinds 50/100.

UTG (3055), loose, limps a lot, limps again. Folded to me on BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

What is your move, or more important: what do you want out of this hand, and what is your plan of action?
Old 03-12-2004, 10:59 AM

Default Re: TPWK in BB

I want: To win this pot right now with a minimum of fuss.

My plan: Bet the pot and expect him to fold. Fold to a raise. If called, see what the turn brings, then decide.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:17 PM

Is he loose-aggressive? If so I'd try and check-raise all-in. If he doesn't give you the option (e.g. he bets all-in) I'd probably fold.

If he's just loose pre-flop but solid post-flop I'd make a pot sized bet and hope he folds.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:58 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
2-tables 33$, last 10, we're five at the table. I'm shortest stack w/1135. Blinds 50/100.

UTG (3055), loose, limps a lot, limps again. Folded to me on BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

What is your move, or more important: what do you want out of this hand, and what is your plan of action?

[/ QUOTE ]

With suited Kings, I'm not getting out of that hand for anything! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-Mike
Old 03-12-2004, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With suited Kings, I'm not getting out of that hand for anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, my bad... Flop was rainbow, suits don't matter... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PrayingMantis

Old 03-12-2004, 02:42 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With suited Kings, I'm not getting out of that hand for anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, my bad... Flop was rainbow, suits don't matter... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PrayingMantis

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough; I just couldn't resist when I saw two K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s in the hand. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-Mike
Old 03-12-2004, 05:10 PM

Thanks for the replies.

this was a trouble hand for me. I knew I should have bet the pot, but the pot was 250, and that was about 22% my stack (Edit: after posting BB, pot bet was almost 25%). I didn't want to put 22% in, and then, if he calls, which he was capabale of doing with many hands, I'll have to take a tough decision on the turn, when the pot is big.

So my thinking was: am I ready to commit here with TPWK, and be ready to bust? my bad answer was yes, so I pushed, knowing pretty well he might call me with hands I beat (some lower pairs, or AQ, AJ, even some suited low Kx), and also with stronger K's that bust me.

He call with KT. Yep, a close one.

I busted, not too proud with my move...

Thanks again,

PrayingMantis