Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2004, 12:03 AM

Default THE OFFICIAL WPT FOXWOODS THREAD

ok someone has to take the initiative,

let's get it on!

i would have loved to be in this one. unfortunately it was not meant to be as i did not win the $500 NL WPF event as planned [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

what's up with hoyt doing his darndest to give the tournament away?

everyone hates on phil but man! the guy is really getting unlucky!

who else hates that bogus call on the end by mohammed (sp?) with Q high.. what a fast call too. take your time man there's $500,000 at stake!
Old 03-11-2004, 12:14 AM

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL WPT FOXWOODS THREAD

By the end, I was counting the seconds till Hoyt busted him with all the celebrating and the "poker crew".
Old 03-11-2004, 12:18 AM

yeah the whole poker crew thing was pretty dumb. also didn't i read somewhere that negreanu was making fun of the tribal dancers who brought out the money? [censored]! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

anyways, the thing i loved about this one was hoyt's appearance. all in black, cowboy hat and mirrored shades, how beautiful. i think i need a new table image [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 12:20 AM

I was at the taping (I'm the incredibly sexy guy sitting behind Mike Matusow)... and between the last two hands they showed on tv, Mo and Hoyt played at least an hour of the most passive, piss-poor poker I've ever seen. It was a relief when it finally ended.

I was surprised at the quality of play at the final table. (Same goes for last week's WPT episode). Although I now think Hoyt played better than I originally gave him credit for (he seemed to have some good reads on Hellmuth), his all-ins still strike me as bizarre...

Am I the only one who heard VVP call Kumar the "Calcutta Cardsmith?"
Old 03-11-2004, 12:31 AM

I thought Mohamed was probably getting frustrated at the end and hence he called with Q8, but how can I tell????? We missed all those hands in between the AJ double up and the final hand. I like how Mohamed played that AK though, in position against a guy who will go all in with any two.

Hellmuth got very unlucky...tonight's show will only make more jealous fish bash Hellmuth which is sad. He played well tonight I thought but Hoyt outdrew him a few times. And I loved the last line Hellmuth said..."I can't wait to get another crack at you Hoyt, oh yea nice play Mo, great hand". The guy just makes for great tv and he's a great player. I'm definately pro-Hellmuth.
-Andy
Old 03-11-2004, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was at the taping (I'm the incredibly sexy guy sitting behind Mike Matusow)... and between the last two hands they showed on tv, Mo and Hoyt played at least an hour of the most passive, piss-poor poker I've ever seen. It was a relief when it finally ended.

I was surprised at the quality of play at the final table. (Same goes for last week's WPT episode). Although I now think Hoyt played better than I originally gave him credit for (he seemed to have some good reads on Hellmuth), his all-ins still strike me as bizarre...

Am I the only one who heard VVP call Kumar the "Calcutta Cardsmith?"

[/ QUOTE ]

i was wondering what happened. he doubled up to about 750k and the next hand he had 450k. i didnt think phil got that unlucky. in a couple of the situations he didnt push them out while he was ahead just begging to be drawn out on. he is very good and has some of the best instincts ive ever seen but i cant stand him. lose with just a little dignity(sp?) for once.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:38 AM

It was great when they did a piece on Hellmuth and they showed him getting busted at Lucky Chances by the Magician, Antonio Esasdfadgajdgh (sp?) and you could hear Phil saying "show some class kid, shake my hand."

Phil really did get unlucky tonight, his look was priceless when he found out that Hoyt needed running sevens to beat him.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:45 AM

I really wish they'd show more of the tournament than just the final 6.

Having said that, half the reason I watch these is just to see Helmuth throw a wobbly after a bad beat.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:52 AM

I posted this in Pot NO Limit section, not realyl sure where it should go...

Couple of hands I've seen in the WPT which I think are interesting so far.

1) Hellmuth raises with Jc8c, Muhhomad calls behind him with 88, ACkerman calls from the BB with T5. Flop comes giving Hellmuth a straight flush draw, and Muhhomad nothing, there's an overcard or two to Muhhomad's 88. Acerkmen leads out big (is his gutsy play here okay or too fancy and foolhardy?) then Hellmuth just minraises him. If I rememer right, Acerkmen just needed to call another 70,000, the pot was 300,000... Of course Acerkmen had nothing so it didn't matter, but why did Hellmuth raise so little? Is a raise that little really effective?

2) Muhoomad comes in for a raise in EP with AK, Hoyt reraises from 50,000 to 200,000 from the BB wtih 33, muhoomed thinks fora while and calls. Flop comes AJx and Hoyt leads out all in. Is this lead out all in here good? At first it struck me as a bad play, but maybe he can get him off TT QQ or lower piars...

danny
Old 03-11-2004, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Hellmuth raises with Jc8c, Muhhomad calls behind him with 88, ACkerman calls from the BB with T5. Flop comes giving Hellmuth a straight flush draw, and Muhhomad nothing, there's an overcard or two to Muhhomad's 88. Acerkmen leads out big (is his gutsy play here okay or too fancy and foolhardy?) then Hellmuth just minraises him. If I rememer right, Acerkmen just needed to call another 70,000, the pot was 300,000... Of course Acerkmen had nothing so it didn't matter, but why did Hellmuth raise so little? Is a raise that little really effective?

[/ QUOTE ]

After this hand, as Phil was stacking his chips he said "I'm just glad Mo didn't flop a set on me"

Cool how he knew the guy had a pocket pair eh?