Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2004, 03:11 AM

Default A different line of play

5-handed online 15/30. The new Nate is not going for aggression at every turn but trying to mix it up a bit.

It's folded to me on the Button and I open-raise with T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Typical player in the SB 3-bets. I got a better read on him later, but not when this hand was taking place. BB folds and it's heads up to the flop.

Flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He checks and I check.

Turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He bets and I call.

River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He checks and I bet.

My assumption when he checks the flop is that he's either flopped a monster or flopped nothing ... perhaps he's got something like 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I'm sure he knows that I'll open-raise fairly light on the Button and that K, J and to a lesser extent 8 would all be in my playing range.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:40 AM

Default Re: A different line of play

I'm not too sure I like the flop check - There are just so many cards that could make me feel a lot worse about my pair of 8s. Otherwise it is fine of course.
-James
Old 03-10-2004, 04:02 AM

Default play is fine

i agree w/ ur flop thinking 100%, i play mostly 10-20, 15-30 short, and most ppl who will 3 versus a steal will lead on the flop, i woulda checked also,