Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2004, 08:55 PM

Default Flopped a straight flush draw -- UB $3/6

UB $3/6.

I am the BB with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

UTG limps followed by 2 MP limpers, button raises, I call and all of the limpers call.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I bet, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Button raises, I re-raise, MP1 and Button both call.

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]].

I bet, MP1 calls and Button folds.

River: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]].

I bet and MP1 calls.

Any comments appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Colgin
Old 03-09-2004, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Flopped a straight flush draw -- UB $3/6

I think it looks good. It'd be a coin flip on whether I called the preflop raise, as I know UB is tight, but this is pretty much the best flop I can hope for with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Nothing like a good ole fashioned straight flush draw. Nice hand.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:16 PM

Looks good to me. Good call preflop - although I'd be happier closing the action. But a limpreraise is unusual at these tables. If I thought that any of the players left to act were capable of a limp reraise I would fold this hand preflop. It's an easy hand to get away from if you don't flop big, but you flopped big [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Depending on the players I may have checked the turn trying to induce a bet and go for a c/r, but I'd have to be very certain that MP1 would bet. I don't want to give a free card here - the flush is way too baby for that. Betting out is probably the better play.

River was pretty strightforward.
-nice hand
Old 03-09-2004, 09:33 PM

Played fine. Can't think of a much better time to splash lots of chips on a draw.

Jeff
Old 03-10-2004, 01:18 AM

Default RESULTS

MP1 had 66 for the flopped set and MHIG. I was wondering whether anyone would play this slower, i.e., check-call the flop and try for a checkraise on the turn if you improved. With all the limpers and the button being the pre-flop raiser I thought I would try to get in a three-bet on the flop with my monster draw.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:23 AM

Standard play with the ol' straight flush draw. Nice hand.

Haupt_234