Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2004, 10:07 AM

Default 10-20 78h

UTG calls, mp1 calls, I'm in MP2 and call with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], mp3 calls, co calls, button calls, blinds call/check.

Flop

J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets out, mp1 calls, I call, all call

turn

9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG bets out, mp1 folds, I raise, mp3 reraises, folds to the SB who calls, UTG caps (says I'm gonna cap because I know they are), I call, mp3 calls.

River

K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

checked to mp3 who bets all call.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:34 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: 10-20 78h

fold preflop
Old 03-09-2004, 01:17 PM

If action behind you after the call pre-flop was typical, then the call was OK. On the flop you have a pretty good draw and two people in front of you to play with. I would raise to knock out the players behind you with the intention of taking a free card on the turn if you missed and no one bets.

You raise on the turn is good, but it would have been even better if you had already knoeck out the rest with a flop raise.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would raise to knock out the players behind you with the intention of taking a free card on the turn if you missed and no one bets

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my big mistake in this hand. I thought about raising and for whatever reason I decided against it. Really I was thinking, incorrectly, that my hand liked callers and if I hit I would get paid off in multiple places.

I lost to the SB who had a q2o, UTG had J10, mp3 had a K 5 (I think it was a 5 I didn't see it because I was a little miffed at and looked away) saying he was representing KQ. Pot was just too big to fold on the river but I knew I was beat.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:46 PM

Definitely raise that flop. You buy yourself a free card if the turn doesn't help you, and if it does you've knocked out hands with one big heart that might have called, viz A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], plus you have some small deception value.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:47 PM

Default Really?

In a 10-20 game with two limpers ahead of you? Sure, I'd pitch AJo in a heartbeat, but 78s seems nice and uncorrelated, plus you're expecting more company to your left.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:59 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Really?

i think AJo is such a superior holding to 78s in this position with these limpers that it's not even worth discussing.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:59 PM

Default Does anyone else fold this preflop? (Poll)