Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2004, 01:10 AM

Default 10-20 foxwoods

I have no reads on any players, just got here. Loose game, 4 limpers and button raises, i call in the small blind with 99. 6 to the flop, flop is 9 8 2 rainbow. I check , button bets and i call and 1 more caller. 3 to the turn, next card is 7 rainbow. i check, check, button bets, i check raise to 40, limper folds, button makes it 60, and i make it 80, and he calls. the river is a king. I bet he raises i just call. What do you think? results to come later. thank you in advance.

Old 03-09-2004, 01:30 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: 10-20 foxwoods

in this situation i would likely lead the flop, hoping to trap a bunch of people in-between with a 3bet after the button raises
Old 03-09-2004, 01:56 AM

Sounds like you fear the set of kings...I would fear it too the way it played out. Even if he has kings, he overplayed his hand on the turn and the river unless he has the nuts...J10, which doesn't seem to be a raising hand. The other possibility is he has a lower set. He has to be genuinely afraid of a straight by the turn unless he himself has it. I think you played it fine.

Garland
Old 03-09-2004, 08:53 AM

More than one paragraph would make your hands easier to read.

I would lead out on this flop and trap all the limpers between you and the button for multiple bets.

I also 3-bet the river.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall
Old 03-09-2004, 09:34 AM

"I would lead out on this flop and trap all the limpers between you and the button for multiple bets."

Yes.

"I also 3-bet the river."

I don't like this at all. JTs is a raising hand after limpers. He bet the flop, which is a no-brianer with there with JTs, and then the sb, who check-raised and then capped the turn leads out on the river, and gets raised! Unless you have some tell like the king hit him, this is an easy call. . .

Old 03-09-2004, 10:34 AM

I haven't read any responses but personally I would bet out on the flop, hopefully get raised, then I would reraise.

On the turn I would go ahead and take it to 3 as well. Once he capped I just go in to check call mode on the river unless I fill up.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like this at all. JTs is a raising hand after limpers. He bet the flop, which is a no-brianer with there with JTs, and then the sb, who check-raised and then capped the turn leads out on the river, and gets raised! Unless you have some tell like the king hit him, this is an easy call. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

glen,

I re-read the turn action. There is too much aggression from the button. I know you've played in the games but I'm not sure how much as of late. I live in that game and I'm the only one to raise after limpers w/JTs, etc.

Now, this has go me thinking. Such the action on the turn leads me to believe that he might have percisely KK.

Or, this hand was against me, and I did hold my moniker JTs! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Peace,
JT
Old 03-09-2004, 10:49 AM

Default Results: 10-20 foxwoods

The guy did have jt suited, a lot of people at the table said i overplayed the turn, but i put him on a high pocket, plus i dont have respect for their opinions, thats why i put it on here. Thanks.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:12 AM

"I know you've played in the games but I'm not sure how much as of late. I live in that game and I'm the only one to raise after limpers w/JTs, etc."

Then I think we both agree that this is a hand that can't really be answered in a post. In a post, I think it's an easy call on the river. Even if there is doubt, I think it's a call, because the river changed nothing, and if he has JT he still has the nuts and lose two instead of gaining one. . .but if he's not that smart and has demonstrated that, I agree a 3 bet is a fine option. . .
Old 03-09-2004, 11:40 AM

Bet the flop.