Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2004, 12:38 AM

Default Ciaffone & Brier Quiz Hand

This is paraphrased from "Middle Limit Holdem Poker" by Bob Ciaffone & Jim Brier. It is from the 'Betting on the End' chapter. Your actions are highlighted in green.

$10/$20 game. You have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the small blind. An EP opens with a raise, 2 MP's call. <font color="green"> You call </font> , BB folds. $90 pot, 4 players.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. You bet, EP raises, MP's both fold. <font color="green"> "You just call, since your oppenent raised preflop and there are three cards in the playing zone"</font> There is $130 in the pot, 2 players.

The turn is the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. <font color="green"> You check </font> , EP bets, you call. $170 pot, 2 players.

River is the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. What do you do?

"Answer: Check because only a better hand will call your bet, but a lesser hand may bet into you if you check.

How would you have played this hand?