Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2004, 10:57 PM

Default 15/30 / KQo (my full table game is rusty)

Very soft, loose-passive 15/30 game online. I'm on the Button and dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Three limpers, we'll call them EP, MP1 and MP2. I know EP to be an any two player. MP2 is also very loose and has fits of aggression, usually more than is called for. Don't know MP1. Anyway, I raise.

Flop is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Meh. Some drawing potential there. I'm debating whether I'm better off taking a free turn card or a free river card when EP decides to bet out. He is about equally likely to have an A, a T, or a draw. MP1 calls and I call.

Turn is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. EP bets out, MP1 calls, I raise. I'm not particularly afraid of a 3-bet here. If EP has a weak ace, I highly doubt that I'll get him to fold it, though I think there's a chance that I could push MP1 off a hand like A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Indeed, EP just calls and MP1 folds.

River is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. EP checks to me and I bet.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:30 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: 15/30 / KQo (my full table game is rusty)

if you don't think they have an ace i think you should raise the flop. dubious play at any rate.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:56 AM

Default Re: 15/30 / KQo (my full table game is rusty)

astro,

Yeah, I thought about raising the flop. Is there such a thing as a draw that's too thin to try and buy a free card with but too fat to fold?

The turn raise was intended as a way to buy a free showdown and maybe knock the second limper off his hand ... I would have checked the river through without improvement ... but catching second pair puts me ahead of some of the hands that I was afraid I was behind, the flush draw is now getting worse odds to call, so all and all, I think I'm much better leveraged there than I was on the flop.