Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2004, 05:44 PM

Default Pining over this one...6/12 hand, Red 6s in MP

Let me first say, I felt OK about this fold at first...but obviously due to the outcome I am thinking quite differently. As I've thought about it more and more, I really think this was beyond weak-tight and I need to take the skirt off...so don't hold back...let me have it. My mind keeps going back and forth with this hand.

I have 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP, with VERY aggressive LAGs behind me but pretty solid players in front of me with decent calling/raising requirements. Almost every pot is raised by the guys behind me. Obviously, I need to change seats here...

Nevertheless, here it goes...

UTG who doesn't play many hands at all calls, UTG+1 who has hardly played any hands since I've sat raises it. One cold caller to me...and I fold.

Regardless of the action after me, my thought process was...I was about 80% sure it was going to be 3-bet and if it was I was near 100% sure the initial raiser was going to cap it. Is it worth seeing the flop with 66 from MP (and getting caught in the middle after that) for 4SB when I can get out and save those bets rather than trying to spike a set to start?

As the hand unfolded, the first LAG 3-bet, all others and the blinds folded, UTG called, UTG+1 raised...all called.

Flop came 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I tried not to grimace too much as the spade flush made it on the turn and the pot grew to some ridiculous amount.

Obviously I feel (now) I should have stayed...but at the time felt it was a good fold that was going to save me money in the long run based on my anticipated action behind me and the UTG+1 raiser being a tight player with high raising requirements.

Fire away...

Old 03-08-2004, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Pining over this one...6/12 hand, Red 6s in MP

So you'd have no position on the most agressive players and would likely have to put in 3 bets, 2 at a minimum, to play those sixes? I like your fold. A lot.

EDIT - Granted, now that I think about it you could use the LAGs to check-raise or cap the betting if you hit. But in the end, it's still either 2, 3 or 4 bets to play your sixes and that's not worth it.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:43 PM

So, it will likely end up 3-4 ways for 4 bets, meaning that you will have to make more than 18 SBs postflop.
Where your Implied odds that high ?
Old 03-08-2004, 07:19 PM

k, just wanted to make sure I was thinking along the correct lines and apparently I was when I folded.

Thanks for the feedback! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]