Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2004, 11:14 AM

Default I have KK, but my opponents remain unimpressed

I have only played a couple of orbits at this table. CO has not really gotten out of line--certainly not a lag. No read on the CO.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, Hero raises, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) folds, CO 3-bets, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero caps, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (26.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
UTG folds, Hero bets, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, CO raises, Button calls, Hero 3-bets, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, CO caps, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (20.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets, Button raises, Hero??

What is my action?

--Rico
Old 03-08-2004, 11:29 AM

Default Re: I have KK, but my opponents remain unimpressed

Ouch these decisions aren't pleasant. CO is smacking you around the face saying he has aces and button now wakes up and is saying he has A9. I think unless these players are maniacs you now have to fold.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:34 AM

Well, CO is telling you that he has AA.

Button on the other hand I have no idea. Hard to imagine he cold-called 3 bets PF with any hand that has a 9 in it, except maybe 99.

At any rate, he's telling everyone he can beat top pair, and with all the raising in previous streets I tend to believe him. Also, calling him down might get expensive if CO and Button get into a raising war.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:20 PM

Fold. You are looking at 3 of a kind or a full house. Even if they are maniacs you have only 4 outs to call it down. With 2 players showing aggression, odds are good that one of them has you beat.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:43 PM

Default Results

I folded. I was pretty much resigned to the fact that the CO had AA, and I was prepared to just call down in this monster pot. That is until the button came to life when the 2nd 9 hit.

River was 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] CO checked/ called the button's bet.

CO had AA
Button had TT

While I do not think the button played his hand well, the turn raise was interesting....and I think almost won him the pot.

--Rico