Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2004, 11:40 AM

Default AKo on UB $2/4

I am UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I open raise, one LP player and the blinds call.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Checked to me, I bet, LP raises, SB calls, BB folds, I re-raise, LP folds [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] and SB calls.

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img][2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]].

SB checks, I bet and SB calls.

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img][4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]].

SB bets and I call.

Any comments are appreciated but I am most interested in my flop and river play. Results to follow.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:15 PM

Default Re: AKo on UB $2/4

Flop play seems fine.

I would have raised the river - he's much more likely to have just hit 2 pair with the Q or to figure "I'm calling so I might as well bet" or to be trying to push you off a hand (although he might not call a raise here) than he is to have JT or QQ.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:24 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: AKo on UB $2/4

yeah I agree with him... it's very doubtful he has JT. far less than 50%
Old 03-08-2004, 10:28 AM

Default RESULTS

SB has Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and MHIG. I did not think it was likely that I was up against a straight but I could not think what else the SB would bet out with on the river except as a bluff. If it were a bluff I figured that my raise would not be called, but if SB had the straight I would be re-raised and be facing a tough decision. Of course, SB could have had AQ and been betting what he thought was the best hand. However, I think SB might have shown more aggression with that hand on the flop or turn. Thanks for your comments.

Colgin