Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2004, 12:33 PM

Default MG returns to the Taj..tough river decision

I made plans to meet up with poster/lurker NJChick last night at the Taj. She visited town because of the ATLARGE event. I found her seated in the "pink" chip game. For those who do not know this game gets played with pink $2.50 chips. The game plays as a $7.50-$15.00 game.

Most of the players in this game played a solid game. I considered the player to my immediate right (square) the worst player in the game. He played too many hands and went too far with them. In one hand the square had a set of Aces ( the nuts) and checked the river after furious action on the turn. His opponent had middle set and would have paid him off. The square claimed he checked because " I thought there was something out there I didnt see".

On to the hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

NJchick open raises from middle position, everyone folded to the square. He called from the small blind. I looked down at AK and announced to NJChick " I have a hand, we might have something to post" and called. I know not reraising appears weak, however I had my reasons. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Flop

9 7 6 rainbow

The square checks, I check with the intention of check raising NJChick checks. I feel certain I have the best hand.

Turn A 9 7 6 completes rainbow

The square checks, I bet NJChick folds, the square calls.

River 10 A 9 7 6

The square bets. Do I raise do I call or do I fold?

Results and follow up thoughts later on.