Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2004, 07:13 PM

Default a QQ hand

2/4 online, table is very loose passive. I am UTG +1 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . UTG limps (as he nearly always does), I raise, late mp (fishy but sane) player calls, blinds fold UTG calls. Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . UTG bets, I raise MP folds UTG calls. Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - UTG checks, I bet, UTG calls. River is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , UTG checks, I check.

Not sure of flop or river play here. Comments on any street welcome.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:22 PM

Default Re: a QQ hand

I would have laid down QQ right after the UTG player bet into me on the flop. He could have anything from the diamonds to an A to 2-pair (if he limps in all the time like you say he does). After all, you don't even have the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

My guess is he check-called you down with the Ace?

Haupt_234
Old 03-04-2004, 10:10 PM

He could have anything from the diamonds to an A to 2-pair

He certainly could, but his range of hands would go much lower than that. I believe he could have any pair and most any draw here. My thinking was to raise to better define his hand, and if I was re-raised I would have folded.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:14 PM

Default results

UTG shows K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and my hand is good. Still not sure if I should be laying this down on the flop, or betting the river.

After playing some more with this guy it appears he has great difficulty laying down his hand if he has anything, so maybe a value bet on the end would be ok.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:32 PM

IMO you played well. A high diamond will auto bet this flop a lot of the time and a river bet doesn't look like it has any value.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:20 PM

Guess it depends on the player. Against most normal players I would fold the flop. Most normal players aren;t going to bet the flop with an underpair with the A and 3 diamonds out. I can see a high D betting out. Realistically you have a million ways to lose this hand and very few outs to improve. Against a maniac I would probably play it your way.

Jim