Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2004, 11:23 PM

Default KK hand

Hey, first post, been lurking for awhile. Had some debate about this hand, with someone saying I played it very weakly.

Party 2/4, tables pretty tight(crazy huh?)

I'm in MP and pick up K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I raise, all fold to SB who calls. He is a pretty solid player.

Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
He checks, I bet, he calls
This call worries me as he is a solid player, I believe he wouldv'e came right out and bet the ace and not slow play with my pre flop raise. JT is not likely for him to call pre flop, and I doubt he would slow play it either. He wouldv'e 3 bet JJ or maybe TT. The only logical thing I could put him on for calling was to slow play a made hand(QK), or a flush draw.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Terrible card for me. He checks, I check through sensing a check raise.

River: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
He bets. I make a crying call. I like my plays on the earlier streets, but I am confused about the river. Folding this just seemed wrong for one bet. But there weren't really any hands I could beat. Results later...
Old 03-02-2004, 11:32 PM

Default Re: KK hand

Hi Roody,

Preflop and flop play look good to me.

I think it's fine to check the turn especially considering you have a second nut flush draw and a straight draw. It definitely looks like a check raise situation on the turn for SB.

On the river, if I thought he was a solid player, then he would probably bet out here with anything thinking that Ace on the flop scared me. While it might seem there are few hands you can beat, I count quite a few (that would be in this far perhaps): KJ, KT, QJ, QT, T9, J9, K9, Q9 (although I don't know how likely he'd call a raise with these hands preflop).

I personally would probably fold this to the river bet, but I think calling is fine too.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:14 AM

Default Re: KK hand

Seems fine to me, I certainly don't see why you would want to play it any stronger.