Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2004, 01:39 PM

Default Three Hands for Your Eyes

Alright, here are three hands that I played last night. $3/$6 live, table is typical but nearing towards the loose side.

One of these three hands held up, but let me know how I played.

Hand #1: Hero dealt: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button.

EP1 raises to 6, EP2 raises to 9, all fold to Hero who calls [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], BB calls, EP1 calls.

4 to the FLOP: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, EP1 checks, EP2 bets 3, Hero calls, BB calls, EP1 calls.

4 to the TURN: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, EP1 checks, EP2 bets 6, Hero raises to 12 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], BB raises to 18, EP1 folds, EP2 calls, Hero calls.

3 to the RIVER: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, EP2 checks, Hero checks

__________________________________________________ __

Hand #2:

Hero dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in BB.

All fold to CO who raises to 6. Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

2 to the FLOP: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets 3, CO calls.

2 to the TURN: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets 6, CO calls.

2 to the RIVER: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets 6, CO raises to 12, Hero calls

__________________________________________________ ___

Hand #3:

Hero dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in BB.

EP2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

5 to the FLOP: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], EP2 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

5 to the TURN: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets 6, EP2 folds, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds.

2 to the RIVER: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets 6, MP1 raises to 12, Hero folds [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

These are the three hands that I was unsure of and, like I said, only one held up. Let me know what went wrong (or right for that matter) because I was unsure of these hands for the rest of the night.

Thoughts appreicated. Thanks. Results posted later.

Haupt_234
Old 03-02-2004, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Three Hands for Your Eyes

I think you know the answers yourself...

Hand 1:
Preflop: easy fold.
Flop: getting 12 to 1 I don't think calling is terrible especially because you have As.
Turn: Good raise, big pot and you want it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], BB check-raises oops...
River: Only an 8, TT or AA beat you. I would bet this one.

Now you know why you have to fold this hand [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], you get into trouble.

Hand 2:
I muck this... wait for a better hand to defend your blind. You played it fine on the flop and turn. Depending on the player I might check-call the river. Most of the time this is a value bet.

Hand 3:
Bet the damm flop, don't let the draws see the turn for free. Good turn bet. I check-call the river.

Hand 1 was a split pot or you won. Hand 2 might be a bluff from the CO but I think you lost. Hard to win hand 3 when you fold [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Guido
Old 03-03-2004, 01:06 PM

Default This post is running away from me - results

Hand #1: EP2 shows AA for the full house ( AAA88); BB shows J8o for quad 8's

Hand #2: CO shows AKs for the bluff

Hand #3: My friends around the table claimed MP1 showed Q4o [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. Not sure what he was thinking but I guess it worked...?

Haupt_234