Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2004, 06:12 PM

Default Foxwoods expanding and improving poker room.

I was told by an employee this weekend that Foxwoods has plans to add 15 tables to the poker room, bringing the total to 75 or 80, and install Borgata style video boards for waiting lists. They hope to have the project done by the start of the New England Poker Classic at the end of March, but there is no target date.

This is great news as the room has been so busy for the last few months that a typical wait is several hours long and there are usually so many names on the board that it is nearly unreadable.

Just a little more evidence of how popular poker is becoming.

Old 02-29-2004, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods expanding and improving poker room.

The home of the greatest games in the country are adding room for more games.

Ah, the wonder of it all....

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 02-29-2004, 06:16 PM

Obviously I heard this also as I talked to you yesterday. But I just wanted to add, that something like this would make me want to make the trip up more than once every 2 months. The games are obviously great, but its just not worth it to me to get up earlier on the weekend than I do for work to be able to play poker. If this addition allowed them to spread some of the bigger games they've run out of tables for, and more lower games to control the lists, I think everyone would be happy. Me included.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:55 PM

i ended up getting there around 1:30pm yesterday, and ended up getting a seat without much of a problem. i'm not sure if this was a fluke or what
Old 02-29-2004, 07:00 PM

Just a little more evidence of how popular poker is becoming.

I consider waiting for three hours to play poker evidence enough [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

When I first visited Foxwoods, the poker room started where the tournament registration desk sits. The last time I visited, they replaced the poker tables with roulette tables and blackjack tables.

The Borgata also has plans to expand. The Borgata plans on having the largest poker room on the east coast.

Old 02-29-2004, 07:05 PM

JoeTall would have a better idea, but I haven't waited too long for 10/20 seats ( < 1 hour usually) but for any level below that, it can be hell.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:16 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default List Etiquette

I have never waited more than 30 minutes for a seat at the woods. I play there mostly primetime, Friday nights, then through the weekend. Is it terrible of me to jump in when they call a name that is obviously not in the room any longer? I have played there several dozen times over the past year and employed this tactic virtually everytime and only once ran into a bit of static from some list waiters who claimed i wasn't joeschmoe..I worked my way out of it and had my seat in the 5/10 game in a jiffy.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:19 PM

"i ended up getting there around 1:30pm yesterday, and ended up getting a seat without much of a problem. i'm not sure if this was a fluke or what "

You got there just after the half-shift arrived and they open the 'foyer' tables. These tables usually get running around 12.30-1PM and chop the lists down fast.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 02-29-2004, 08:30 PM

Default Re: List Etiquette

That's not cool. Not cool at all.

You won't be able to cheat all the honest folk once the new system is in as you'll have to get your card scanned just to get on the list I believe.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 02-29-2004, 09:20 PM

I'm kind of split on this one.

Since poker is my game of choice, of course I'm happy to hear that they're expanding the poker room.

On the other hand, it's a blivit. I mean, until the new construction's done, I doubt that they're going to be able to make this expansion without taking over space occupied by something else, and it seems like the obvious place they're going to get that space is by taking it out of the non-smoking table games area.

Pity, because when I'm not playing poker, I'd rather be at the non-smoking table games.

And, of course, it seems nigh onto impossible that anything would cut into the areas devoted to the slots and other machines.