Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2004, 04:09 PM

Default Where are they now?

When I first learned about 2+2 back in 1998 I used to read the old school fourm and made some post here and there.

I was looking back at some of my first posts to see what I was trying to learn as a neophyte. I found a bunch of my old post and there were a few other posters that helped out with some of my silly questions. I was just curious if some of them are still here today, maybe under new screen names.

The only one that I know of uses the same name is "Fossilman"

Are you guys still around?

Dan Hanson

Vince Lepore

Joe"predator"Nardo

David Steele

C. Villalobos

Michael Hunter

skp

Dick in Phoenix

Big John

John Feeney

Rick Nebiolo

Just curious,

WJ

Old 02-18-2004, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Where are they now?

FYI: You can use the search function to look for all posts by a particular username, and in doing so might discover a few of the names you posted still post under the same name.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:35 PM

I've often wondered about Dave in Cali.

Vince posts very rarely now, Rick and C. Villalobos made posts today. skp still posts at times in Mid/high.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:31 PM

Dave in Cali is here in spirit. I know he reads the board regularly.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:42 PM

This is off the top of my head.............

Just my opinion btw,

Dan Hanson - No longer posts (at least not as Dan Hanson). One of the all time great 2+2 posters.

Vince Lepore - Once a 2+2 posting legend. Went to rgp. Changed his posting style on rgp (IMHO). Made his last post on rgp today. He still posts on 2+2 but maybe we'll see more of him on 2+2 in 2004 now that he gave up his daily battles with Quad Nines, etc.

Joe"predator"Nardo - Name's not ringing a bell with me.

David Steele - I believe he still posts here a lot.

C. Villalobos -After a LONG absence I see he is posting again. He had some good stuff back in the late 90's. Good to see him back.

Michael Hunter - Not ringing a bell.

skp - 2+2 legend, still posts. Almost exclusively in the mid-high hold'em forum.

Dick in Phoenix - Saw a post from him recently. Posted a lot back in the day. Good to see him back.

Big John - I have not seen him on 2+2 in ages. He does still post on rgp (not as Big John though). Always one of my favorite posters.

John Feeney - He still posts here. Just not as much as back in the day. The last I heard, he was thinking about getting more heavy into music.

Rick Nebiolo - Still a posting legend. Both here and on rgp.

Dave in Cali - As Clarkmeister said, he's always close by (I believe his Dave in Cali handle is in semi retirement though). I always enjoy reading his posts.

Best Wishes

Howard
Old 02-18-2004, 09:10 PM

Default I\'ll answer the Dave in Cali question

The answer is that Dave in Cali and Al Capone Junior are the same person. I changed my handle when I stopped living in cali and had been away from poker for a long time, more than a year. I have thought about reviving some of the old Dave in Cali stuff tho, like Magoo of the week awards.

Ironically Al Capone Junior (aka dave in cali) is about to move to vegas, and spend time playing back and forth between vegas and cali....

For any doubters, Dave in Cali and Al Capone Junior both have the ace of spades tattooed on their left shoulder. If you search the archives hard enough, you'll find the proof. Of course if you are willing to do that there is something seriously wrong with you!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Al Capone Junior tho has focused more on online play and no limit games, plus stud and stud-8. Dave in Cali, who basically only really had limit hold'em and O-8 in california to choose from, and hates O-8 (just like me) obviously focused mostly on limit hold'em.

al
Old 02-18-2004, 09:21 PM

Default Re: I\'ll answer the Dave in Cali question

Did you pay back the people you owed money to that kept popping up here looking for you?
Old 02-18-2004, 09:37 PM

Did you pay back the people you owed money to that kept popping up here looking for you?

Dude, you beat me to it. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2004, 09:59 PM

I don't have any idea what you are talking about. And you know what - I don't care, nor do I want to know.

However, it does not surprise me one bit that you would be too busy being a jerk and making attempts to butt into other people's business to bother posting anything worthwhile in this thread.

My advice to you vehn is to go to hell, go directly to hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200. You can quote me on that.

al
Old 02-18-2004, 10:03 PM

look you f*cking vultures, if there was someone popping up here saying I owed them money, I wasn't around for it nor do I know or want to know anything about it. This is worthless discussion that has no redeeming value. Check my post to vehn for what you can do.

al