Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2004, 05:44 PM

Default 2+2 SnG results

Ok I was too lazy to stay and watch this after a busted out. I was not really in the mood I'm afraid. But I am glad to see that Stars has honoured their agreement to make sure that the organisers take home the money.

Also glad to see that we kept the randoms out of the top two spots again!

If anyone has any interesting hands post em up. The only one that sticks in my head was winning with TT against JJ on the river [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Congrats to the Doc!

1: DrPhysic (San Antonio), $72.00 (40%)
2: Rhonda B (New York City), $54.00 (30%)
3: TURP (ny), $36.00 (20%)
4: heyrocker (Chicago), $18.00 (10%)
5: TheStrength (Penarth),
6: spike_tt (Swindon),
7: ClaudioReyna (Webster),
8: debaser (Buckingham),
9: sawil (lancaster),
10: MobyDick (København),
11: t_perkin 2+2 (Akureyri),
12: HelmetSky (Ramat-Gan),
13: Shub314 (Victoria),
14: LV_GaryD (Las Vegas),
15: caddy96596 (austin),
16: CrisBrown (Wesley Chapel),
17: benjamin_O (beloit),
18: ByronKincaid (Carshalton),
Old 02-17-2004, 06:07 PM

Default TOONS rule again

Notice TOON players are two of the top four AGAIN.

Great job guys!

al
Old 02-17-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Re: 2+2 SnG results

Cograts Doc!

Great fun again. I busted when I ran with my AQ on the SB, into McMelchior's AK on the BB. I hate it when it happens. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Well, at least he took 2nd, that is some comfort.

Anyway, here's a hand to remember. I wasn't participating in this one. Pay attention to LV_Gary's game, there's always something new to learn.

PokerStars Game #292459898: Tournament #1014954, Hold'em No Limit - Level IV
(50/100) - 2004/02/17 - 15:36:14 (ET)
Table '1014954 2' Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: Rhonda B (1755 in chips)
Seat 2: Shub314 (1580 in chips)
Seat 3: LV_GaryD (1120 in chips)
Seat 5: heyrocker (1335 in chips)
Seat 7: TURP (3750 in chips)
Seat 8: ClaudioReyna (1425 in chips)
Seat 9: HelmetSky (1905 in chips)
TURP: posts small blind 50
ClaudioReyna: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HelmetSky [7h Kh]
HelmetSky: folds
Rhonda B: raises 250 to 350
Shub314: folds
LV_GaryD: calls 350
heyrocker: raises 350 to 700
TURP: folds
ClaudioReyna: folds
Rhonda B: folds
LV_GaryD: calls 350
*** FLOP *** [2h 8c 9h]
LV_GaryD: checks
heyrocker: bets 420
LV_GaryD: calls 420 and is all-in
Rhonda B said, "lol"
*** TURN *** [2h 8c 9h] [5h]
*** RIVER *** [2h 8c 9h 5h] [9s]
Rhonda B said, "g1, heyrocker"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
LV_GaryD: shows [6s 2s] (two pair, Nines and Deuces)
heyrocker: shows [Kc Ks] (two pair, Kings and Nines)
heyrocker said, "is gary 2+2?"
heyrocker collected 2740 from pot
HelmetSky said, "nh"
heyrocker said, "er, was"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2740 | Rake 0
Board [2h 8c 9h 5h 9s]
Seat 1: Rhonda B folded before Flop
Seat 2: Shub314 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: LV_GaryD showed [6s 2s] and lost with two pair, Nines and Deuces
Seat 5: heyrocker (button) showed [Kc Ks] and won (2740) with two pair, Kings
and Nines
Seat 7: TURP (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: ClaudioReyna (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: HelmetSky folded before Flop (didn't bet)

<font color="red"> WOW!!!!! </font>

PrayingMantis

Old 02-17-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Re: TOONS rule again

Congrats to the winners.

I had an interesting time tonight. I seemed to get a lot of hands tonight where I had tough decisions to make. I'm not sure whether you'll class them as 'interesting' hands but I'll post a few of them later for a bit of feedback/abuse.

Had a great time again (only my 3rd one) and it was good to see some new faces, although I still need to figure out who a few of you are on 2+2.

See you next week, hopefully.

Sheriff (debaser)
Old 02-17-2004, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, here's a hand to remember. I wasn't participating in this one. Pay attention to LV_Gary's game, there's always something new to learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, what was I supposed to learn here? Don't call raises with 62?
Old 02-17-2004, 08:57 PM

Thanks, guys.

If the cards would run like that even once in a while…

Appreciate kudos, but I was catching running straights, flopped trips, “stealing” in CO or button with 88, TT. Should have been shortstacked or out twice. RhondaB and Claudio if I remember right that I just drew out.

They won’t run like that all the time.

Doc [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2004, 09:36 PM

Default getting the gas ready

[ QUOTE ]
I'll post a few of them later for a bit of feedback/abuse

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gettin' the gasoline ready hoss! Cuz you know us criminal types HATES LAWMEN!

al
Old 02-17-2004, 09:41 PM

Never apologize for winning. So the cards favored you today. Every dog has his day. The ones from 2+2 have their days more often, that's all.

I took 5th last night in a $109 tourney with 227 players. Felt good, kinda broke up a pretty long, mostly cold streak for multi tournaments. And heck, I needed the money! Only thing I am sorry about was that my AK didn't suck out against 99 when I went all-in with five left.

al
Old 02-17-2004, 10:00 PM

Default A few hands from tonight (long)

OK, I've just been through the history and have picked out some of my key hands from this evening, both good and bad. Like I said in my previous post I seemed to have many more 'awkward' decisions tonight than I've had previously. This is no doubt due to the quality of the opposition in many cases but I also had a lot of 'thinking hands' to deal with.

Apologies if they're not particularly interesting but they were ones where I had a big decision to make each time. I figure I'm here to learn from playing these events so flame away - I'll be a better person for it!

Hand 1:
Blind level 3 - 25/50. I have T1380.

I'm in BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
All fold to HelmetSky in MP who raises to T150. Folded to me. I call with the Ace as its a Heads Up situation and I'm part-way in already.

Flop 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Try to be aggressive and bet T150 on the 2nd pair. Helmet raises to T400. I'm convinced that the flop has missed him and that he's betting big cards &amp; call.

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Figure this to be another blank for him so push all-in to try and scare him off. Figure he'll read me for a trip 9s or 7s. After some though from Helmet he folds. It works.

In hindsight, probably 2 bad calls, no doubt a consequence of feeling that I've been giving too much up to steal-raises in 2+2 events to date.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hand 2:
Level 4 50/100. I have T2080.

Dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in BB
Folded all around to MobyDick (who I just have covered) on button who raises to T300. Again, figure this for a steal raise so re-raise to T500. Moby calls.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Push all-in with top pair. Moby calls and flips over K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Turn and river bring 2 Aces and a split pot.

Hand 3 (A stinker)
Level IV 50/100

Dealt T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on button with T2205.

TheStrength raises to T300 from UTG+1. I re-raise to T700 to try and get it Heads Up at worst. Re-raised all-in (T1385) and I call like an idiot.

TheStrength had K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. No-one improves. I'm back down to a short-stack.

Bad play on my part - should have known better.

Hand 4
Level 4 (50/100)

Dealt 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG with T820 chips.

Am short stacked after the hand above and raise to T300. Sawil reraises to T800 in UTG+1. Everyone else folds. Am now pot-committed and call the T20 to go all in.

Sawil shows A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The board misses him and I double up.

Hand 5
Level V (75/150)

Table is 6-handed. Dealt 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP with T1840.

Folded to me. I raise to 300. Sawil flat calls. Everyone else folds.

Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet T150 and am raised all in (T900) by Sawil.

I lay down and Sawil shows me Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hand 6
Level 6 (100/200)
Final table, 9 left, I'm the 2nd short stack with (T1390).

Dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP.
DrPhysic (chip leader with T6420) raises to T400 behind me. I push all-in. Folded round to Doc who thinks for a moment then folds. I win T700 badly needed chips. I half expected to be called as I was well covered and would have then been reliant on hitting the board. If chip positions had been different I might have folded but, short-stacked, I felt I had little choice.

I eventually went out in 8th trying to double up from the button with A5s, losing to A9o. However, I definitely 'played' more tonight, rather than allowing myself to be blinded away waiting for cinch hands.

Overall, I definitely set out to be more aggressive tonight and had plenty to think about as I seemed to get a lot of borderline playable cards, many of which I folded. The medium pairs in particular were tough decisions. I've been playing Limit SnG's all week where I can limp in with these hands in the right circumstances and see what develops. Tonight I knew that I wouldn't be afforded that luxury!

Sheriff
Old 02-17-2004, 10:26 PM

Default Re: A few hands from tonight (long)

Sheriff,

The A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (hand 68), I had 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The attempted steal didn't work. No option but fold after your bet. Good read. The re-raise was a very good bet.

Doc