Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2004, 05:31 PM

Default J10s in LP1

mp1 limps, mp2 limps I limp in lp1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10:club

flop 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] queen[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
mp1 bets, mp2 folds, i just call (should I raise? I really don't like raising cause I really do'nt want to knock out the blinds and I have so many outs a 'free' card isn't something I really need either. sb folds, bb calls.

turn another queen

river a 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] mp1 bets, i call. Should i have raised?
Old 02-12-2004, 06:51 PM

Default Re: J10s in LP1

You left out a vital piece of information...how everyone bet on the turn! When that third queen fell, your flush draw was dead to anyone with a Q, pocket pair or a 5. If people were betting/raising with the 4th community card out, then you should've known that you were likely in trouble.

Unfortunately, I don't think you were in a position to make a value raise-bet at the end with your rivered flush. Excluding any pocket pairs, there are 7 cards out there that beat yours. In addition, you didn't have the nut flush. I would have (hesitantly) called.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:03 PM

Default Re: J10s in LP1

turn, checked to me and I bet. Called by both.