Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2004, 09:57 AM

Default Your in the SB with...

Your in the SB with any two suited cards. The SB is 1/2 the size of the BB. How many limpers would you need to call a hand like this for half a bet? What if the SB were 1/3 the size of the BB?
Old 02-12-2004, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Your in the SB with...

I was actually reading a discussion about this the other day. I think it was in the midstake forum.

For 1/3rd of the BB I complete with any suited cards and 1 other caller. If there are no callers I may raise anything but that's more player/image specific. I usually don't play a structure that has the SB only putting in 1/3rd bet.

There is a line in Sklansky's book that says for a 3rd of a bet you should complete with any 2 cards.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:39 AM

I generally only complete w/Jxs or better as for the any-two-suited category. For a 1/3 of a bet (which I rearly ever play) any-two suited sounds good.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 02-12-2004, 10:46 AM

I think that this really depends on how good you are at throwing away cards on a poorly hit flop or how good you are at reading your opponents. Some people need to play premium hands only and even for a half a bet, you may get yourself into trouble when you complete your 6d 8d for a flush draw and then get stuck in on a loser.

Know your own play and then decide if you can throw away the hand if it needs it, and know the table well enough to decide if maybe a bet with your flush draw or low pair/no kicker can buy off the pot.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:15 AM

Assuming your post flop skills are up to par, and the BB is unlikely to raise, 2 limpers puts you into a favorable pot odds situation for any two suited. You are in the neighborhood of 15% to hit two pair, trips, or a flush draw on the flop and getting 7:1 odds with two limpers for half a small bet. Bear in mind, however, that you need to be able to get away from your hand even if the flop hits you.