Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2004, 03:13 PM

Default 3/6 Axs and Axo

I'm having problems with Ax hands, and I'm looking for some pointers. I think I may be too tight with them. The only time I play Axo (A7 and up) is in late position with a no limpers yet (and I raise). Other than that, it's always a muck.

As for Axs, same general rules apply. Only time i play these in middle (or rarely early) position is when i know i'll have 4 or more callers behind me.

So far so good? I'm somewhat confident about the above, but I have problems playing these in middle position with no callers yet. Assume a 3/6 party game and you just sat down. You have A4s in middle position and no one has called yet. do you raise or fold? What about A6o?
(I would much both)

Are these marginal decisions that have little long term impact on my bankroll (i.e., am i worrying too much?) or could this be a significant leak in my game?

Thanks for the comments.

Ocho
Old 02-10-2004, 03:20 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Axs and Axo

this is a big leak in ur game. A6o should be folded in every position IMO, besides button (if folded to you) and maybe cutoff. A8 and higher u can raise from cutoff. A8 and a9 and axs from one before cutoff is a fold in my book almost always (especially low limit where blinds defend more often.)

I used to have the same problem a year ago when I started out.

-Eugene
Old 02-10-2004, 05:01 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Axs and Axo

I'll play Axs after three limpers. In late position I'll play Axs after just two limpers. Beware of offsuit Ax.