Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2004, 11:43 PM

Default K10

Suited or Offsuit, What do you all do with this hand and in what positions in a very loose passive game where 60% of the table sees the flop? I must've gotten this hand 10 times in a 2 hour span and folded it most of the time unless I was on the button or in the blinds. I can never decide whether it's worth seeing the flop with.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:16 AM

Default Re: K10

Suited, I'll play this as early as UTG+1 or +2. Unsuited, I still like it because K9 is a popular hand among the fish at 1/2 and 2/4.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:52 AM

So is KJo. And KQ and AK for that matter...
Old 02-10-2004, 12:55 AM

Suited I'll play it from MP1 or later. And I *will* open raise with it. I'll cold-call if I'm fairly certain the pot will be multiway (at least 4 handed), with little risk of a reraise.

Unsuited I used to play it earlier, but now I won't play it earlier than MP3 - and even there I might muck it. If I'm first to act I'll open raise with it from MP3. With a bunch of limpers, or *any* raise in front of me it gets mucked from any position (other than from the blinds against an apparent steal attempt).

Shorthanded games it becomes another story. It's *much* more playable there. In a 5 handed game I open-raise UTG, and in a 6 handed game I'll limp behind any number of limpers (although I'll still usually fold it UTG in a 6 handed game, since I don't like raising with it that early - and I hate open-limping shorthanded (although I do occasionally do it. For some reason I tend to see a lot of folds when I open limp shorthanded [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] - once I've been playing a while at least.)

Edit: Just as a point of reference heres my pokertracker stats for KT (played mostly shorthanded - but some full rings as well). Not too may hands in yet so take it with a large grain of salt:

KTs - 13 times, win 54%, BB/hand +.89, VPIP 92%, W$WSF 50%, PFR 46%

KTo - 84 times, win 48%, BB/hand +.51, VPIP 68%, W$WSF 55%, PFR 49%

I suspect that the PFR percentage is higher for KTo because I'll muck it in situations where I'd limp behind with KTs. Plus, as I said, I don't have very many hands in pokertracker yet - so the stats are still very subject to change.