Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2004, 09:49 AM

Default When would you slow down?

Party 5/10 game. No read on any of the players involved in the hand. I'm UTG+1 and I'm dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I open raise, MP cold calls and the button makes it 3 bets, I cap and MP calls.

Flop comes 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, MP calls, Button raises again. At this point I've put the button on KK, QQ, JJ, maybe AA or AK. What else could you possibly put him on? I reraise, MP folds, and the button calls.

Turn is a 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet, button raises, I reraise, button caps.

River is J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet, button now types in the chat box 33? and raises me again. Now I'm thinking JJ and just call. He turns over his wired 77 and wins with his 7's full. I think if he doesn't type 33? in the chat box I would have raised him again. does anyone play this hand any differently then me?
Old 02-09-2004, 10:24 AM

Default Re: When would you slow down?

does anyone play this hand any differently then me?

No, not with aces. You will run into a smaller overpair more often than not.

Lost Wages
Old 02-09-2004, 11:33 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

your opponent must've read hellmuth's book.

id play it about the same except against an unknown id have just called his turn raise. the more i know a player the more i will know better when to be more aggressive against him. i like to learn about them for cheap.

no reason to bet the river here after he caps the turn. unless he's maniacal, which you dont know yet.

b

b
Old 02-09-2004, 11:51 AM

I agree that his flop betting indicates another big PP. He finally backed off when you 3-bet the flop.

BUt when he started firing back on the turn again, I defeinately start getting that not so fresh feeliing.

I think I just call his turn raise and ck/call the river. He's giving plenty of signals that he has more than a pair.

I've developed this rule for this kind of spot: If the betting is capped PF, and on the flop and I still get raised on the turn, I have to believe that my unimproved AA are in danger. Even if the guy is certifiable, he may actually have cards and there's just no reason to give him all of my chips if he did happen to hit his cards.