Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2004, 02:16 AM

Default Two hands against the same player

Two hands against the same player where 4 draw cards hit the board. Table was very loose and very passive and this player was a calling station.

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and is MP3

EP1 limps, Hero limps, CO limps, Button folds, SB limps, UTG checks

Flop(5 SB): 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, UTG calls, EP1 calls, Hero raises, CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls, EP1 calls

Turn(7 1/2 BB): T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, UTG checks, EP1 checks, Hero bets, CO folds, SB calls, UTG folds, EP1 folds

River(9 1/2 BB): Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets...

Your play?

Then a few minutes later:
Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and is MP1

Hero raises, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds

Flop(5 1/2 SB): 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets, CO calls

Turn(3 3/4 BB): Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Your play?
Old 02-09-2004, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Two hands against the same player

OK, not terribly interesting and I think I posted this the wrong way. The results of the first hand influenced me to play the second hand differently than I normally would, and I think I screwed it up.

The first hand I called the river bet after the 4-card straight hit the board, expecting to lose. My opponent turned over J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and MHIG?

So, then I'm up against the same guy and this time the flop comes low straight flush in clubs. Yuck. I have only overcards, but bet out hoping he doesn't have clubs and will go away. He calls. Then a fourth club hits. Normally I'd check/fold here, but my opponent called my raise cold so I assume the straight is out and since its heads up there is a decent chance he doesn't have a club. I bet out again. He called again. Then a K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] came on the river. Now I'm pretty sure I'm beat. I check, he bets and I call? He turns over K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] he wins.

I think the big differences were 1) I had position on the first hand. 2) I hit the flop on the first hand. 3) The real scare card came on the river on the first hand. 4) It is more likely that he has a club in hand 2 than one of the straight cards in hand 1. I seriously misplayed hand 2. Any comments?
Old 02-09-2004, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Two hands against the same player

Hand one, I call the river.

Hand two I check, fold on the turn.