Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2004, 11:24 PM

Default What does this 3 bet Mean?

Hi all

I was playing .5/1 at GC. Loose passive table with 1 LAG on my left. I'm UTG with AKo. I raise LAG 3 bets, I call. What hands should I put him on? I figured him to have JJ-AA or AK AQo with AQ being a stretch. He wouldn't 3 bet with high suited connectors because he wouldn't want to limit the field. With him being such an aggressive player how much should I respect his raise? Flop was 9c Kh 8c. I bet he raised, I 3 bet, he capped. Am I beat for sure?

Thanks
RickA
Old 02-08-2004, 11:57 PM

Default Re: What does this 3 bet Mean?

If someone only 3 bets with those hands you mentioned, I hardly would put them in the LAG category. In fact he would probably be more in the tight-aggressive category.

If indeed those are the range of hands he plays, then you beat all of them save for AA and KK at this point. You should check-call down.

If however you were right, and he is a LAG, then he could've raised you PF with KQ, K9s or 98s, or god knows what. Still with TPTK I think it would be ok to call down, especially since you don't know enough about this player to
put him on a hand.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:14 AM

Thanks, that helps. In about 10 hands he raised PF 3-4 times. Am I wrong in considering him LAG. He played about 7or 8 so he was raising 50% of the time. I guess, in general, I overestimated his hand? This time he had KK but I am more concerned with figuring out raising requirements of differnet types of players. I guess in 10 hands he could have beenon a rush and actually been a tight player gettign the cards.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:07 AM

Unless you've seen him show down clearly incorrect raises he could just as easily be on a good run of cards. 8 hands is not enough to decide someone is a LAG. I often see under 20% of the flops in a given session but have still raised 4 or 5 hands in a row on several occasions.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:59 AM

I wouldn't say your beat - but going into check-call mode wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:16 AM

Yeah, I had a guy follow me around all day, thinking I was a maniac, because I ended up raising 5 hands in a row (all big hands) and winning only one.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:35 AM

This is pretty basic...you played it fine preflop and on the flop.

Knowing that he is a LAG, you have to give him a wider range of possible starting hands. KQ is a definite possiblity IMO.

So check-call down. If he has AA or KK, good for him.

Will