Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2004, 02:34 PM

Default My play at the table with Phil H.

Here are a couple hands from the 2/4 UB table I played at with Phil Hellmuth the other day... Takin a pot from phil (as petty as this may be) would have made a great screenshot.

I should have had lots of opportunities as I was dealt AK QQ QQ and AA all within the space of about 10-15 hands, but they were not all they were cracked up to be. It is the first 3 hands I want to post (the AA got me the blinds folded to me).

Hand 1:

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the SB
All fold to Phil 2 off the button, he raises. LP calls, button folds, I re-raise to make it 3, BB folds, Phil and LP call. 3 to the flop for 10SB($20)

FLOP: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet, they both call. 3 to the turn for 6.5BB

TURN: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet, Phil folds, LP calls 2 to river 8.5BB

RIVER: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet, LP calls.

LP has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and wins with a pair of 7s.
There was no way I should have let off the gas here right? No raise.

Hand 2 (5 hands later):

Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP
Folded to me, I raise, LP and the button call. 3 to the flop 7.5 SB

FLOP: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet, MP raises, button folds, I call?
this is my mistake here I think. 2 to turn for 6BB ($23)

TURN: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet out on this hoping he put me on AK or something and maybe hes on a lower PP that inspired the raise on the flop, or A10s or something, a flush/str8 draw. No luck, he calls. 2 to river 8BB ($31)

RIVER: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet out here again hoping he'll finally fold? How is this play?
anyway he Calls.

LP shows K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hand 3 (2 hands later):

Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] EP
I raise from EP, button makes it 3 bets, PhilH calls from SB, BB calls, I go for the gusto and cap. (I gotta win THIS one right?) They all call. 4 to the flop for 16SB ($32)

FLOP: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I made a set of Qs with a flush on board.
PhilH bets from SB, BB calls, I raise? good move here?
Button calls, Phil raises BB folds I call, button calls.
Phil may have a flush.. but I'm not ready to believe it yet. 3 to the turn for 13BB ($52)

TURN: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (dang)
Phil checks, I check, Button checks. Should I bet here on the bluff with a draw to a house now that phil checked? a trap? I think im dead unless my house comes on the river.

RIVER: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Phil bets, (I call, don't believe him) Button raises. Phil folds.... I fold... and we'll never know what he had.

The VERY NEXT hand I get AA and raise and everyone folds thier blinds to me.. no justice I tells ya, no justice. In 9 hands I got AK KJ QQ AJ QQ AA.. and nothin.. this was my chance to take out phil too.. lol. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Any comments on my play here? Obvious mistakes?

Thank you very much,
Matt

Old 02-08-2004, 05:08 PM

Default Re: My play at the table with Phil H.

Hand 1: Why would you keep betting with A-high, especially on the river? He's not going to fold a better hand, and he's not going to call you with a worse hand.

Hand 2: 3-bet the flop, and bet the rest of the way. You would have lost anyways and he would not raise you when the K hit, but you still have a value bet.

Hand 3: Cap the flop. The rest looks good, I guess. Someone else might have a better answer.