Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2004, 05:28 PM

Default what would you do

pokerstars freeroll tourny

blinds 80/150

I'm in mp with T3580
On the deal i get kj suited [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

preflop: folded to me I raise to 300 player on my left calls,button calls...the rest fold.

Flop:5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I raise to 300.player on left calls.Button Raises to set me allin.(he has me covered by 9K)

Will post results later.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:37 PM

Default Re: what would you do

Raise more preflop, make a bigger flop bet or check, and fold to the button's all-in (unless you had already gotten most of your stack in by betting more strongly earlier in the hand).
Old 02-06-2004, 06:01 PM

Fold
Old 02-06-2004, 06:25 PM

Would have made the same preflop bet some of the time and other times limped since I want as many people in if I hit my flush. Anyway, your preflop bet is fine and I would have folded to the all-in.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:05 PM

I called, to validate my thought process.I really didnt care if I won or lost on this(honstly) I am trying to work on putting people on hands and by folding I gain no info.

Here was my thought process before I called:

What could he have?And why did he bet the way he did?
due to the lack of a preflop raise,I eliminated the possiblily of him having over pair (still outside chance but not likely)with what flopped and the size of his bet,it looked to me (and I'm new to this) that he was trying to stop the possible flush draw.With that my thought was he possiblly had pocket pr (77, 55,TT) but again..the bet seemed suspicious.I also thought he could have Ax with his kicker paired on the board(possible A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]).To me this bet was made to win the pot right there,also suggesting not a strong hand.The thought of suited connectors was a thought (possible 67 or 89 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) didnt seem likely,but possible.

So with that said, I narrowed it down pocket pr(55,77,TT), Ax with the kicker paired on the board.In my head this guy didnt want the fush or strait drawing out(thus eliminating some of the other possibilities)but in either case I was fairly certain(as one can be anyway) he did not have a monster.So I call to validate my thoughts.

He shows A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I lose to the pr.(my hand did not improve)But I still win(I validated my thought process which was what i wanted to do)

My last few tourneys I have just been working on putting people on hands and for the most part getting them pretty close but still get some some that totally blind side me(obviously not getting all the angles)So any comments or possible hands i could have missed would be appreciated.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:19 PM

Yes raise at least 3x pre flop. A mini raise is pretty useless in my opinion. Then? Screw it and push! It's a frikken freeroll which is the perfect time to make some gambles and try for some draws against a big stack who very easily could be making a bully play pushing his chips around with squat.