Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2004, 04:06 PM

Default nut flush draw

UB 1/2
half the table is loose, half is tight
but no good reads yet on the people in the action

i have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

PF
MP open raises, 1 cold caller, i call, BB calls, 4 to the flop (8 SB)

flop
2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, bet, raise, i reraise, all call, 4 to the turn (20 SB)

turn
2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

blank, but all check to me, do i sweeten the pot in case i hit on the river or take the free card? i have a feeling everyone will tell me to bet this one..
anyway, if this is an obvious answer to you, keep in mind i'm still learning [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 04:10 PM

Default Re: nut flush draw

I would smooth-call the flop raise. Even at party, 3 bets cold is tough for people to call, and at UB?

I would bet this turn, but a lot of times you'll see a checkraise here.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:17 PM

My guess is you will need to get the flush to win this hand. You're about 4:1 to make it on the river, so you don't have the overlay to bet the turn even if you expect all your opponents to call. I would take the free card.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:25 PM

so you also would have called on the flop instead of 3-betting, right?
Old 02-06-2004, 04:25 PM

Hey Bakku -

Personally I bet here, checked to you on a pretty raggedy flop. MP probably has A-K, maybe A-Q also, you have outs go for the pot and bet out here.

ps - also if you were expecting more callers pre-flop I would've three bet with "half the table loose".
Old 02-06-2004, 04:26 PM

Pre flop I’d 3-bet. At UB I think there is a reasonable chance you can get it heads up. I have some insurance being suited and a chance to bluff A, K if no Ace or King falls on the flop or turn.

I don’t understand the flop action. I thought you were third to act after BB and MP but you show a check, bet and raise before you act.

I may be in the minority but with the action on the flop and 3 players I take the free card.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:32 PM

sorry, i messed up the PF action. there was a cold caller, then i called, i accidently switched it around. i was last to act on the flop

original post is edited
Old 02-06-2004, 04:33 PM

i will always bet the turn here. even if i get check raised here with this many people in the pot it will be worth it. the pot will be huge.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:51 PM

Gotta bet this to sweeten the pot and see where you are and possibly take a free showdown.

You might be able to fold out some trouble hands that may be out there, such as A9 or A8, to clean up your overcard outs. Even though they may have the odds to draw to their 2 pair, your flop and turn bet would look consistent w/a flopped set, so you may be able to scare them out.

If trouble hands aren't in the pot, you may even be able to make this a value bet b/c you have have up to 15 outs and 3 callers.

Getting c/red isnt the worst thing in the world either. You have plenty of outs to the nuts and pot is definatly big enough to justify a call.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:19 AM

I would be worried about the cold caller here. When he raised on the flop it sure strikes me as maybe having a set of 8's or 9's. Maybe 2 pair but would he have cold called with 8-9s pre-flop. You made your semi-bluff raise on the flop and lost no players. Take the free card on the turn. With only three callers, you are not betting this for value and I don't think you want to face a check/raise at this point.