Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2004, 01:48 PM

Default Am I too loose, and not in a girly way.

I was button
I am chip leader with $2700
3 callers 1 bet 150, 1 call, my decision
I get Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
5 people call a preflop bet of $30 putting $150 in the pot.
A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flopped
Sensing weakness I bet $150 I get two callers making pot $600
5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I bet $600, one person calls, pot $1800
q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I bet pot again, last person folds.

I know this is aggressive, but is it too loose? I know I semi-bluffing with the ace or the flush flop when I only had a pair of queens.

The very next hand I got hurt bad, I flopped top pair, everyone checked, and I bet the pot. All but two people folded. An overcard fell on the turn, everyone checked. I bet the pot again, one called. He went all in on 5th street which was a 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Since I had second top pair, no possible flush, or straight, I called. Got screwed, he had top pair.

He did not pair with anything on the flop, nor did he have a come hand, so I don't understand why he called my pot size bet. Up to this point no one had seen any of my hands that I did not have top pair, or a monster, so he had little reason to think I was bluffing. Again am I too loose?